Dad Gets Tattoo to Match His Son's Surgery Scar

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
"Dad Gets Tattoo to Match His Son's Surgery Scar"

https://gma.yahoo.com/dad-gets-tattoo-match-sons-surgery-scar-211708562--abc-news-parenting.html#

A father’s effort to mitigate his son’s insecurity after a cancer surgery left him with a scar on his head is gaining attention across the internet.

Gabriel Marshall, now 8 years old, was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer called anaplastic astrocytoma in March 2015. Surgeries to remove his tumor left him bald with a scar on the right side of his head, according to his father, Josh Marshall.

“My son was very self-conscious after he got his surgery. He felt like a monster,” Marshall told ABC News.

In August 2015, Marshall decided to get a tattoo mimicking his son’s scar. “I said, ‘You know what, I’ll get your scar tattooed. That way, if people want to stare at you, then they can stare at both of us.’”

Gabriel loves his dad’s tattoo and tells people he and his father are like twins.

oh5zeg.jpg

Josh gets a huge thumbs up from me.

fax6w6.png

Gabriel shouldn't be insecure about the scar. There is an army of us with similar surgery scars that will keep him strong.

Back
Top Bottom