Dare I say it??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Staceypt

New
Reaction score
(Keeping fingers crossed)

So - we are currently on our third medication for Jason's partial seizures. We started with Keppra - didn't work. Added Trileptal - more seizures, longer seizures, c/o headaches. Weaned off Trileptal and added Lamictal. We are at 25mgs two times a day and our neuro wants us up to 50mgs twice a day, but already we are seeing a HUGE improvement! Just getting off the Trileptal was a big help, but adding the Lamictal to the Keppra has really made a difference. Jason made it through an entire karate class last night without one seizure :) He usually has at least 6-7 throughout class!

Hoping the last two bumps up to 50mgs twice a day will do the trick.

(Knock on wood :) )

Stacey

Hurray! That's great. I've got my fingers crossed AND my toes...

I was just browsing the other posts here and saw this one. Jason did great on the Lamictal until about 7 weeks in... then I came home from work and he was COVERED in a red rash. Yep - allergic reaction. He hadn't had a seizure in about a week. We were SO disappointed and upset. So we had to stop the Lamictal right away, and started him on Zonegran. It's helping, but he is still having seizures. We just saw the neuro yesteray and now she is tweaking his meds a little in hopes that they will work --- we are upping him to 150mgs of Zonegran twice a day (from 100mgs twice a day) and changing from 500mgs of Keppra twice a day to 1000mgs of Keppra XR in the AM. Hoping this is the magic combination for Jay... we are really hoping to have him seizure free (or at least close!!) by the start of school.

Delighted to hear the good news, good on you Jason.

Our Jon also had an allergic reaction to Lamictal.

Have you given any thought to the ketogenic diet?

Back
Top Bottom