Do you keep a log?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Do you keep a log of your seizure activity?

Rocking for Epilepsy is offering a FREE pocket seizure log.
If interested please send a S.A.S.E(biss size) to

Rocking for Epilepsy
1616 Eastern Av
Davenport Iowa 52803

Thanks Jen.

For a long time we did not track Stacy's seizures in a log. Once we did start tracking them, I wondered why we hadn't thought to do it earlier! It does help to identify possible triggers. Unfortunately for Stacy, the evidence is overwhelming that even one bite of chocolate correlates to having a tonic-clonic/grand mal seizure the next day. It's a double whammy of sugar and caffeine (and maybe something else?).

Now we are chronicling them in an online blog diary. While that's not for everyone, we hope some may glean something useful from Stacy's experience.

I keep track on the calendar hanging on the bulletin board in my kitchen. That way, I don't forget and don't lose it.

In my country it is sort of obligatory for people with epilepsy to write an E-diary; that's the first thing every neuro demands from every person with E. How would you know if your E is better or not if you don't write down your seizure activity? How would you know about possible triggers? How would you know if the AED's are working or not?

Best

Axa

Rocking4Epilepsy said:
Do you keep a log of your seizure activity?Rocking for Epilepsy is offering a FREE pocket seizure log. If interested please send a S.A.S.E(biss size) to

Rocking for Epilepsy
1616 Eastern Av
Davenport Iowa 52803

Yes, of course a log is kept. As Axa asked, as quoted below:

Axa said:
In my country it is sort of obligatory for people with epilepsy to write an E-diary; that's the first thing every neuro demands from every person with E. How would you know if your E is better or not if you don't write down your seizure activity? How would you know about possible triggers? How would you know if the AED's are working or not?
Best
Axa

Now Dave,

That's pretty spiffy. Did you by any chance post the same link at vnsmessageboard.org

Hmm....did ya....hmm...hmmm...did ya?
It's would be nice if you did. :wink:

and if you did and I missed it, :oops: Mucho gracis

If you suspect something as being a trigger, it would be a good idea to track your use/exposure to it as well as your seizure activity. In Stacy's case, most of her triggers do not produce immediate results. IOW, they have a delayed reaction, usually around 24 hours later (or at least the following day).

I think I need to do this, although I havent done so yet
I only track the TC's at the moment, and that is only done in my online calendar, it probably needs to be more specific

Dianne

keeping log

yes, I do. It was a big help when I went to get ssdi. It was the only thing that made them realize how bad my seziure activity had been.

Back
Top Bottom