Does B6 really help?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lco120

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've seen a lot about B6 helping with Keppra side effects in toddlers. I asked my doc about it and she wasn't aware. We see her again on Monday, and I'll bring it up again.

I have a 32 month old with myoclonic epilepsy and on 3.5 ml Keppra (generic) 2x a day. We just started 3.5 weeks ago and I we are trying to get to the right dose but this week, I've noticed a significant amount of moodiness/crying/whining, and it's hard to tell if it's his age or the meds.

If I do decide to try it, how do I buy it and administer it?
How much do I give a 32 lb boy?

Thanks everyone. I think this topic is probably all over this site but I thought I'd add a new one :)

B6 is one of the vitimans you can buy straight from the store, most stores have childrens ranges which are sufficient regards a childs age most of them are just one a day, childrens ranges usually come in liquid or flavoured chewy tablets, just follow packinging guidelines :), obviously consult with his doctor first

Back
Top Bottom