Don’t like feeling too happy

Jun

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Fiest of all, I hope everyone is having a very merry christmas and a relaxing holiday season.

I don’t know if its just me, but I don’t like feeling good most of the time.
Not because I dont like the feeling of being happy...I mean, I think for the majority, people like the feeling of being happy.

I don’t know if this has to do with my brain injury or my epilepsy, but whenever my brain wants to be in a happy and/or excited and relaxing mood, like during the christmas holiday season, my head starts to...not necessarily hurt, but I dont like the feeling. Its remineccent to when I had auras and/or an episode. If nausea can be felt in the brain, I feel like thats what the feeling is.

Its more like a defence mechanism to not feel happy because I do everything to prevent having a seizure. Im not looking for solutions, but Im just curious if Im the only one who tries to avoid being overly happy and/or excited.

I would love to hear any thoughts

Janus

Stalwart
Reaction score
I get that. I somewhat isolate. But the emotions involved in the holidays I believe started my latest 20 minute TC. I know my brain injury is involved in promoting seizures. I feel hopeless and death sentence curse that my uncontrolled sleepy is getting worse.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Jun,

A lot of this could be do to your seizure meds you are taking or it could just be do to winter weather where some people get more down and out. I know the frontal lobe (forehead) has a lot to do with our emotions. One thing I've found that helps me out is keeping busy so I don't have so much time on my hands to think about these things.
Another thing you can try is cold water therapy put a cold washcloth on the back of your neck and your face 3 times a day or more, this calms the neurons down in the brain and makes a person more relaxed. I was in a medical study with this a few yrs. ago and they found this decreases seizures also. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

ln1

New
Reaction score
Hello Jun,

I can relate to how you feel. For me, it seems like my medicine prevents extreme emotion, whether happy or sad. If I even try to get very happy about something, I begin feeling a low grade headache, which somewhat reminds me of the beginnings of a seizure.

Sabbo

Stalwart
Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't experienced anything like that. The medication's side effects are the only things that bother me.

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I have persecution complex a stitch dropped in tapestry of life.I did see shrink who made things worse.i bit like porky I have temporal lobe and I need keep mind off it because the auras are awful.NEARLY Everyday I say god why are you persecuting me.Some of it due to sz some I going round bend but yes I get your drift but we have but one life so sometimes screw em all and do something that give you pleasure(not sex)