Don't Wake Me, I'm Dreaming!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MaeDae

New
Reaction score
My imagination gets the best of me sometimes. I daydream alot now. The problems is, sometimes it seems so freakin real. I have daydreamed of being at places or doing things that I have and have not done before. I act out the entire adventure? in my mind. Often find myself drooling and feeling like I have been sleep. I catch myself sometimes and think "WOW" that was weird or did I do this before. It doesn't feel like dejavue, because I am aware that I'm daydreaming. I drift off mostly when Im sitting and doing nothing. When I realize that I was daydreaming, I try desperately to remember what it was I was daydreaming about. Sometimes I can, but most of the time I can't. I just remember how real it felt while I was. Come on CWE, anyone else out there in dreamland with me. Pinch me, "I'm Dreamin".

I'm curious, how is your actual sleep? Are you getting enough, and do you dream at all during actual sleep?

Dreams are created by your brain releasing DMT from your pineal gland in your brain. It's actually one of the most (if not the most) potent drugs in the world. It's hallucinogenic but many times more powerful than LSD or any other drug...

Reason I ask about your sleep is, your brain needs the release of DMT during REM sleep to hit the restful recovery sleep. If it doesn't, you actually never get into restful sleep. I'm wondering if, during your daydreams when nothing is going on around you, if your brain is releasing traces of DMT into your system to induce an actual dream state. Essentially inducing lucid dreaming to get some rest while you're not doing anything and alone. One of the effects of DMT is that it's nearly impossible to remember every detail of what's happened, just like when you wake up from a dream. Most can recall at least a few bits and pieces, but the entire dream from start to finish is nearly impossible to recall.

Just some food for thought... :)
You could have a vivid imagination, but to me it sounds like there's some actual dreaming going on, especially because you have trouble recalling it and often feel as if you've been asleep or dreaming.

maryltyme

I fall asleep at any time and still able to sleep when I go to bed, but thats the problem, the nightmares I am having are weird and scary.Silat that is good information you have given, I would like to hear more.

Silat, I think I get enough sleep at night, and yes, I dream, but they're nothing like my daydreams. I tend to remember what I was dreaming about in the mornings, especially if it was scary. It happens often during the day. It makes it hard to focus sometimes. Even when Im doing something intense that requires my fullest attention, I day dream. Atleast, thats what I think it is. I often find myself asking the questions, what was I doing or where was I at while doing it. It takes a few seconds and I start or finish which ever comes first. I struggle eight hours everyday at work. Instead of my completing all of my daily duties, I do good to get through 2 of them. Not too mention I hate what I do even more. Needless to say, they no longer let me write letters....too many gramar and spelling errors and it takes me too long. Maybe that's why I'm daydreaming more? Hmmm, must ask dr. This has never come up in my talks with neuro dr before. What about random thinking? You know, thoughts that just pop into your head, having nothing to do with this or that? Would that be considered day-dreaming as well? and one more ? How do you know about dream state and where should I go to read about it on line? Im curious now. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea during my hospital stay, nothing done about it. They just wanted me to get extra oxygen, ( thought it a rip off and refused). I noticed that I'm not always rational and I react a little quicker to emotional stress issues/situations. I was told that I might have cognitive problems later and would need therapy or perhaps change jobs. The dr didnt elaborate, thats excatly what he said verbatium. And, I'll be honest, I didnt and still don't understand what that means.

Back
Top Bottom