dreaming im having a seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
For the last couple of week I've been dreaming Im having a grand mal seizure, I've had it a couple of time before but its been practically every night lately. Its so scary Im just laid there and i have no control of my body (in my dreams) they are so realistic I've even have dreams that I've been in my bed and it's happened. Anyway when I've woken up Im so tired and feel like i haven't slept at all, and have a horrible headache. Why is this happening all the time? Im so tired and just want to get on with college. is there anything i can do to stop it? Thankyou

Are you taking any medication?

Have you addressed this with your doctor (do you see a neurologist)?

My Son is also in college and he has T/C and mainly in bed. He recently added/started taking magnesium (he also takes medication) and it seems to be helping him sleep - like a log. Maybe one u could do a little research on?

No I've got a doctors appointment coming up soon so i will talk to them then, and i was seeing a neurologist but stopped as we didn't seem to be getting anyware :-\ thankyou

No doubt u will be waking up beat sleeping as u r now. Plenty of studies can be done to check out your sleep patterns.

maybe good idea for u to jot down in a simple notebook - how u feel each morning, what u experienced, will help u explain to doc, as it’s so easy to be 'too quick' (give not enough detail) when sitting in front of doc...Can potentially help identify patterns...

In our house, we always on the (out) look for the natural alternatives that might help :)

keep us posted..

Back
Top Bottom