Durable computer

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

finalpoet

Stalwart
Reaction score
This isn't quite epilepsy related but it's still great to notice.

I have recently realized that I have an incredibly durable computer. I've dropped it at least 7 times, 3 are because of seizures. And this thing has basically no dents in it. Great job Apple!

Whereas I dropped my phone (not an Apple) just once onto padded carpet, and the speaker died...

Time for an iPhone then, nak. :p

Yay for durable computers!

Ya Nak, I'm not an Apple person but maybe it's worth the extra $7000 for Apple headphones, idk maybe.

That's alright, I hardly use my cellphone anyway...

I have a Surface Pro4, and it is very durable, too. I had a regular laptop prior to this, but due to my complex partials, it wasn't working. I had to replace the keyboard 4 times due to keys being ripped off during some of those seizures.

just bit of help because I use ipad aswell as pc I am unable get this site on ipad I using pc at the moment.NEARLY EVERYTHING I want including here is kept or I get to it via index.this site not on index anymore
Yoou mention cell phone nak,if had my way they go on rubbish tip.I TRAVEL HOME FROM CITY Norwich it school train take life in hands on that one kids yelling then getting hit with school bag but worse thing is kid either end of carrage talking on cell phones to each other usually about sex life bearing in mind they all under 15.Iget off train bruised and battered and well versed in under age childrens sex life.ggggggrrrrrrrrrrr

the samsung active is the best celly every made, mine was 13 years old and still better than some of the new ones out, and i will still be a fan for macbooks by the time they die, thats usually the least of your issues,

I have to buy a new tablet soon, too. My SurfacePro4 just died recently, so I'm using an old laptop we had in the house. I checked their site, & to have it "repaired" (they'd replace it w/ a refurbished one), would cost nearly $700! I purchased it for $1200. It lasted 4 years.

mine slipped off of my lap and that damaged the plug. It works but won't charge and it won't keep plugged in. So I got yet another one. Ironically the laptop I had in my truck when I crashed and got a closed head injury survived better that I did.

I'm super happy with my T4 but it's near its end of life of upgrade path.

the dell satellite series and the hp toughbook are basically the same, and they are what are sold to cops for use on the road. so they are just a little tough, every now and then you see one show up at an impound lot or a pawn shop. because i cant justify buying one new, but i will admit they are worth it

Back
Top Bottom