Eight months down the tubes (I think)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
Well, the other morning I woke up on the bathroom floor with a goose egg on my head, a bitten tongue, and a torn up/bruised shoulder. Unless my cat decided to unleash hell on me while I was sleeping, I had a nocturnal. I thought I had eaten dinner the night before, but when I walked into the kitchen it was all over the floor!

The odd thing is, I saw my neurologist earlier that day. We switched from Ativan (which was doing diddly poo, and I hadn't taken it anyways since my prescription ran out) to 1/2 mg of Klonopin (which helps me big time. Both with auras, and with sleep.) Every single blood test came back perfectly normal too!

I think the scariest part about this whole situation is that I was by myself. I live in my own shoe box of an apartment alone, and I've been suffering from bouts of depression, loneliness, and have been working 45 to 50 hour work weeks for almost a month straight now. My girlfriend lives 300 miles away, and even though I have friends here, if I'm around people for too long, I get anxiety attacks.

My body is telling me to cool it. I'm one broke SOB, but I'm just lucky I didn't crack my head open and bleed out.

On a good note, one of my good friends who works at a famous video game development company asked me to send him some of my music samples because they are looking for a music engineer! It's been a pseudo dream of mine to work on scores for games, movies, shows, etc. and with it all being freelance, it's all pocket money plus it looks good on the resume. :)

If you went eight months sz free your extremely lucky.41/2 mths is the most I've gone sz free.I've busted my head plenty of times and bled out.

I'm refractory so I'm a hopeless case you've had a life.I was 2 when I was diagnosed.

I'm sorry for your seizure.

It's hard when a TC comes along and wrecks a winning streak. And it can be hard to have epilepsy and live alone--I do as well, and my epilepsy's never been controlled for very long. Clearly the bitten tongue and so forth seem to indicate a TC, but with Klonopin, there might be another reason for that dinner. It causes retrograde amnesia, so you might have gone into the kitchen and done something in a haze and completely blacked it out. When I was on it, my boyfriend was living with me and he'd tell me I would get up at 2 am and start cooking meals that I never ate. I never remembered a thing. It scared him. I refuse to take benzos anymore.

Incidentally, it takes longer than you probably think to bleed out, if that is a concern. Even a heavy bleed can take hours, so chances are you'd wake up in time to call an ambulance. An arterial bleed can take a few hours and you'd be unlikely to break open an artery. It's the artery in the neck that does a quick job of it, and I can't imagine there have been too many TCs that have cut that open.

Back
Top Bottom