Emergency service and ER

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
:brain:perplexing problems for me anyway
I was out with friends and I had a series of seizures and more then one person called ems , questions .
can they take you to the hospital if they think your malingering with out your being able to verbally consent?
Why should they talk sh$t to you ?
how to deal unprofessional hospital staff ( b$$@hs)?
I was put in restraints for no appearant reason , there was not an explantion
In hospital and ems report and my arm looks terrible still I got stuck multiple times with IV needle ,it looks like how I would imagine a junkies arm looks after a binge.
Most of all they kept calling me a faker , a God damn hypochondriac, attention seeker, facticious disorder ass MF for what drugs ��
And I pretty sure they just ignored it and gave me like saline or some shit , when I was having seizures regardless of prior activities leading up to them .
Telling me to get follow up and additional testing for medication that does not control my se , who's educated here , who took a hippocratic oath , who's spent time training for this shit .

That's right not me MF ,but hey to each there own
It comes back what you put out right , excuse my rant there at the end

Last edited by a moderator:
So please stop trying to transport me to ER , lecturing me by saying asinine things and act like a jack ass , besides unprofessional bias against individualilty of certain individuals
What's the point if I am quote on quote faking , are you going to fix my shit and dia. On spot. Are that qualified is the hospital , nerf nerf no .

iluminatedsquid: I can appreciate your frustration with what you are going through, but as soon as I see curse words in your posts (they tend to leap off the page) I don't bother to finish reading what you've written. I may be the only one on the forums that feels this way, and that is fine with me. But, just thought I'd let you know how I personally feel.

Illuminatedsquid,

Sorry you had a bad time with the hospital staff during your seizure. I certainly understand your frustration and using profanity doesn't bother me when someone is citing their frustration. We're not all angels on here. ;) Unfortunately, this does happen when the staff isn't well educated about seizures. So you can your state medical board and file a complaint against this hospital. Then go to the BBB and file a complaint against the hospital and how they treated you. And report them to the AMA, too. There is no need for this kind of behavior in so-called professionals.

And show your friends this website:

http://www.epilepsy.com/get-help/ma...tracking-my-seizures/tips-seizure-observation

http://www.epilepsy.com/get-help/seizure-first-aid

Illuminatedsquid,

Sorry you had a bad time with the hospital staff during your seizure. I certainly understand your frustration and using profanity doesn't bother me when someone is citing their frustration. We're not all angels on here. ;)

I'm not claiming to be an angel; I was simply implying that use of profanity is not appropriate for forums, as many forums specifically state profanity is not accepted. I think CWEs Padded Room implies this is the place to go to air such frustrations and language, not the more general forums like the kitchen.

Any time I've gone out with someone who's never been with me when I've had a seizure we always explain to them what to do. We always tell them if they get scared/worried to call my parents or husband and they will talk me through it. We always tell them to call them first and not 911. I have never had one when I was out with a friend so I really can't tell you for sure what they'd do on the spur of the moment.

I did have one when I was on the phone with a friend once and she freaked out, I think it was mainly because she wasn't there with me to make sure I was ok and she couldn't do anything if I wasn't. She called my husband on his cell, who was at home with me at the time, and she wanted to stay on the phone with me until I came out of it.

When I had my first seizure with my husband about 2 weeks after we started dating. Right when it stared he called my parents because he did get a little scared and really wasn't sure what to do because it was his first time. My dad stayed on the phone with him for about 5 minutes, that's when my husband said he was ok. My dad told him if I wasn't out of the seizure with in 10 minutes to call back. Well I still wasn't out of the seizure by then and did wind up in the ER. I think that seizure lasted over 25 minutes so it was one that I probably should have gone to the ER for.

I had a tonic clonic a few years ago in front of my husband and parents. This wasn't the first time that any of them had seen me have one either, I'd had many. My mom totally freaked out because I didn't come out of it in 3 minutes, most of my seizures last at least 5 minutes regardless of the type so it really wasn't anything to get extremely worried about. She wanted to call 911 but everyone told her to wait. When I started to come to they told her not to call, even I did because I knew what was going on, but she still wouldn't listen. When the ambulance got there I was completely out of the seizure and able to answer any question the paramedic asked me. He was surprised that I could even give him my social security number! They didn't take me to the ER because I was fine and there was no need to. I gave the bill for about $200 to my mom to pay because she wouldn't listen. I'm not sure if you could do that with your friends.

Most of all they kept calling me a faker

I'm going to assume that you have officially been diagnosed with epilepsy. I'm registered at my hospital. They have my name, address and epilepsy. I'm not sure what all other information they have on file like surgeries I've had and the meds that I'm on. So if I do wind up in the ER for something they do know about me.

I'm not claiming to be an angel; I was simply implying that use of profanity is not appropriate for forums, as many forums specifically state profanity is not accepted. I think CWEs Padded Room implies this is the place to go to air such frustrations and language, not the more general forums like the kitchen.

I do agree with this. There are many people on here who think that swearing is offensive. Most people will use *** after the first word instead of typing it out which may not be better but it's not quite as bad in my opinion. And yes the padded room is a place to rant and rage about things, not in this one.

Again hospital ems, okay I'm happy for you thanks for the help service whatever but I wish the people leaving bruises and shit on my ass I am going crazy with the transport , how f up is it they stress me out enough to give me seizures and the hospital too hate the whole thing , most inconvenient thing to happen to me is epilepsy - I mean (factitious disorder) , cause I need loving

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom