Epi-Still

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TeeTees

New
Reaction score
Has anybody ever tried any off this stuff ? It's from Herbal Remedies. I've been using it for about 2 months now, and I "feel" as though it could be reducing the after-effects off the seizure....or is a placebo effect ?

Anybody else tried it ?

I have never heard of it. Does it seem to reduce the number of episodes?

I have never heard of it. Does it seem to reduce the number of episodes?

Well, it seems to make them over quicker than normal - pretty much like a flash. I feel as though the in-between episode time has increased, so yeah I guess it has kinda reduced them.

Here's a link :

http://www.nativeremedies.com/epi-s...e&ysmtac=PPC&gclid=CMuvwu_qoo8CFQQjPAodw3Icfg

But it is one off those things that you have to ask yourself "would the number of episodes reduced if I weren't taking this ?"

Epi-Still experience?

TTs, are you still using Epistill? It's been over a year now. I'm curious as to what your experience was with it (I can't find any studies about it). Would you mind giving it a History Book review?

TTs, are you still using Epistill? It's been over a year now. I'm curious as to what your experience was with it (I can't find any studies about it). Would you mind giving it a History Book review?

Hi Bernard,

To be honest, once I found the 'placebo' effect had disappeared, the sz's just carried on as norm, so I quit the stuff.

I often wonder about these 'herbal remedies'. Do they work, or is it all in the mind ? I think I worked it out on this one....

....I wouldn't say steer clear to anyone as it didn't do me any 'damage', but I would say 'go in with an open mind, and keep a close eye on what's happening/not happening'

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks - I appreciate the feedback. :mrt:

Has anybody ever tried any off this stuff ? It's from Herbal Remedies. I've been using it for about 2 months now, and I "feel" as though it could be reducing the after-effects off the seizure....or is a placebo effect ?

Anybody else tried it ?
Hi,
I live with left temperol lobe epilepsy with simple partial seizures and I have been using epi-still for 3 weeks. In my opinion it has had miraculous effects for me. I am also using it in conjuction with powdered gaba which is the natural equivalent to the pharmecutical anti-serizure mecidine neurontin. I also take neutontin in addition to valium, but my serizures were getting out of control. I have been serizure free since starting this so I would recommend trying it.
Moontime22

Moontime

Would you please consider keeping track of how well you do with the EpiStill in the History Book area? That would be a great thing....we'd appreciate it greatly....

Thanks,

Meetz
:rock:

Epi-still

I have been using EpiStill for 2 weeks now on my 6 yr. old daughter. It is working. Let me give you a little history background on her. When she was 2 yrs. old she started having complex partial seizures in the frontal lobe. Her epilepsy is idiopathic. We were told that she would most likely out grow them in 2-3 years. However, we have never been able to gain control of her seizures. On average she has 1 seizure every week. That has been during the "good" times. At the age of 4 she was hospitalized twice because the seizures would escalade to over 100 a day.

Since her last hospitalization which was exactly one year ago she has been having 1 a week until this past 6 weeks where she has increased to 4 a week. Her meds have been increased 4 times this past year. She is still having just as many and now more seizures than she was when she was on the lower dose of medication.

I purchased EpiStill 1 1/2 years ago. I never used it because she ended up back in the hospital before it arrived. It has sat in my cupboards for a year and a half. After this last med increase, which didn't change the number of seizures AGAIN, we decided to pull out the epistill and give it a try. She has had 1 seizure in two weeks and that 1 seizure was at the beginning. Her behavior has improved also. She suffers from "bad behavior" due to her "abnormal" brain activity in the frontal lobe. The neuro says that about 25% of kids with seizures in the frontal lobe act without regard to consequences. That is exactly her.

Anyway, the reason I was googling/searching for info on epistill is because she has started peeing the bed since being on it. I wanted to see if I could find anyone else with that? Bedwetting has never been a problem. However, if this is the only side effect, I'll take it. Her seizures have subsided and her behavior is amazingly normal finally. We'll see how it goes in time, but the first two weeks it has definitely made a difference.

Hi, my wife and I just read your post and had some questions about your daughter's experience with the product Epistill since you posted in June, 2009. Did the issues with the bedwetting subside and has it had benefits on her condition. We hope all is well and send our blessings to your family. Thank you.

I have looked into it myself and even asked my neurologist if I could take it with the meds I'm on now. Tegretol XR and Keppra XR. But I do now take a multivitamin that is chewable- the hard pill vitamins normally don't absorb well or fully into the body. I also take Spirulina and Chlorella which is a great natural super-food which can help in many ways.
I would like to reduce the amount of pills I take every day and change over to something more natural but its difficult when seizure are uncontrolled. I am going to go to my neurologist later this month finally..

Take care,
Crystal

I have been using Epistill for most of the last 2 years for my disabled adult son. I have found it to decrease his seizures but the biggest benefit I have found is that the recovery time is greatly reduced. He was on it for about 1 1/2 years until July when I decided to take him off of it to see if it still was helping him. Almost immediately his seizures increased and once again it would somtimes take him days to fully recover from them. He sees a neurologist at Mayo Clinic that did agree it does help and I should keep using it as long as there is a benefit.

Hey guys- I looked into Epistill and I even asked my neurologist if I could try it. She had never heard of it- I didn't really consider it anymore.
I had been taking Chlorella and Spirulina which is a "super-food" and I think it helped a lot in my liver function and over all body function and energy. I have not been able to order more with limited income- am looking for a job too but its not easy right now.
Anyways- I might go ahead and ask my new neuro about using it, and if they think it would help or not. I am on 3 meds right now and can't wait until the day I won't be on Tegretol XR which I've been on for three years now.

Take care everyone

I tried it as recommended drops in water..3 times daily and i had no changes. However the past month i have been putting say...5-10 drops on the bottom of my feet before bed and in the mornings i no longer have twitches in the morning or have had a seizure..so i dont know if thats it, because i havent changed anything else. I know that your feet absorb it into your system fast so maybe try that one night.

I would still run it by a "tame" Dr if you have access to one - with it being herbal based there may be a downside with regard to E as with St Johns Wort

Does anybody have a bottle of this stuff, so you can list the ingredients for us?

The ingredients are not listed on the product website, or anywhere else that I could find online. I find this a bit surprising. Usually companies list their ingredients on their website. Or at least some third party website would list them. I'm wondering if either the ingredients are ones that are easily and cheaply gotten elsewhere (and therefore the higher price of epi-still isn't justified), or it contains ingredients they'd rather you don't know about until after you've spent money on it. So I'm really curious to hear what's in the stuff.

It is on the Native Remidies website...
nativeremedies . com

search for epi-still then under the product description there are tabs...click on the one that says ingredients.

I am still unable to post a link (btw...when will I be able to???)

it should be epistill above but for some reason the computer is filling in the other letters for me....

HHHMMMM

Back
Top Bottom