Epilepsy and Marijuana?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Phams413

New
Reaction score
I was just curious if anyone here smokes marijuana and has it had any positive or negative effects on your epilepsy? :brain:

Oh, sheesh....

There's a BIG thread somewhere on this very subject. It's a bit divisive and controversial... I'm sure if you search the forums for a Marijuana thread, it'll pull up.

http://www.epilepsy.com/epilepsy/newsletter_mar_20_13

Recent article here about synthetic marijuana being a cause of seizures

sheesh - K2/"Spice" is hardly marijuana and is discouraged across the board from what I've heard.

various species of marijuana have shown to have chemicals that have shown in some to have positive effects

be aware of the effects of any medication you're on

generally speaking, smoking is not a healthy way to induce chemicals into your system

and doctor who would prescribe marijuana would, I would bet, overall recommend vaporizing, or eating it to get the beneficial chemicals into your system

I'm not a doctor

another thing I've found to have beneficial effect for me, the past few days, postictal about a week, (still feeling some slight heebiejeebies) is Emergen-C w/Vitamin D & Calcium

vitamins and minerals are always recommended, without overloading on some, which can build up in the body

Back
Top Bottom