Epilepsy Club at School

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

smilemily

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently a university student and I recently inherited the epilepsy c;ub at my school. I would love to connect the club with others across the country/internationally. I also would like to know if any of you have an epilepsy club and have ideas on how to raise awareness across campus, what to talk about, etc. All feedback/ideas are welcome :)

Thanks,
Emily

Does your school have any brain awareness week events? Might be something you can participate in next year. Our local university has something (big medical school and associated depts so a variety of people are probably involved). I didn't go as my schedule conflicted this year. I know one of the local adult support groups has participated in the past.

http://dana.org/baw/

Last edited:
The best place to start is probably in any medical classes they may have. A professor may let you give a talk and have a Q&A. You'd be surprised how little many in the medical field know about epilepsy and personal experiences could help them see epilepsy in a different light. See where you can go from there.

Hi Emily,
I work at a public school and we don't have a epilepsy club but I am very open to both students and staff about my epilepsy and each yr. I make it a point to teach students about epilepsy and what to do if a person has a seizure. A couple of yrs. ago I found out I was cell phone sensitive meaning that to many people using cell phones at the same time were triggering seizures for me. Many staff were surprised about this and it also helped some students who have epilepsy so they understood what was possibly causing their seizures during school hours. Thanks for you effort and May God Bless You!

Sue

November is "Epilepsy Awareness Month" so that might be a good thing to organize for...

Back
Top Bottom