"Epilepsy Today" Magazine October 2008

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Elaine H

New
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I just wanted to tell you, I've just had a three page atricle "My Story" feature c/w photos published in the October edition of "Epilepsy Today" I'm so pleased with it! It is a monthly feature in the magazine, and I wanted to make people aware of the hassle I've had in the workplace. It is a magazine that is sent automatically to anyone who is a member of Epilepsy Action (formerly known as The British Epilepsy Asct'n) I just wanted to tell you in case anyone out there is a member. It starts on page 20, and I've e.mailed them to say thanks, I'm very pleased with it, they have really done it justice and hopefully it will help other people who are going through the same ignorance and stigma at work.

Best Regards

Elaine x

Hi Bernard

Thanks for that! I've been working on my book for the last few days as I've had my dad staying with me, and he has really inspired me to get it written up and finished and ready for publication, I am so very determined to complete it! I'm calling it "Fit For Life" it's a bit of a tongue in cheek look at my experiences, and I just hope it will help others, I will certainly let you know when I finally get it completed and hopefully published.

As always, thanks so much for your invaluable support!

Best Regards

Elaine

Hi Robin

Thankyou, I am over the moon with it, I hope some of the folks on CWE get to see it.

Cheers

Elaine

I want to see it very much. Please tell me how I can order a copy. Thank you.

I am looking forward to reading it. Congradulations Nancy. That is great news. I am so happy for you. Keep up the great work.

Hello Elaine, I first subscribed to both the 'Epilepsy Today' and 'Epilepsy Professional', 2 years ago, and renewed my subscription to both of them earlier this year. In the United States, there are several different magazines, and I know of 2 that are focused just on epilepsy ('Epilepsy USA' and 'Epilepsy Advocate'). In my opinion, those 2 magazines from the UK are far better than those in the US. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to reading over that 3 page article about you, when I receive a copy of it.

If anyone is interested in the magazines of 'Epilepsy Today' and 'Epilepsy Professional', take a trip to... http://www.epilepsyshop.org.uk/acatalog/Magazines.html

When I re-newed my 1 year subscription back in May of this year, the total amount for both of these magazines in US dollars came to $61.58

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All

If anyone wants to order a copy of the October Epilepsy Today with my article in it go to www.epilepsy.org.uk/ it's free to members, but £3.00 to non members, let me know what you think of it?

Thanks Elaine x

Hi Elaine,

Like I'm always telling you, you should be so proud of yourself. It's definitely a major accomplishment and I can't wait until you get your book published. I'll let you know when I get my issue of the magazine. I'll talk to you soon. Sincerely, Josie

Major Accomplishment!

Elaine,

You finally got some good news after everything you have been through! I am so proud of you my dear friend. Now you have something to brag about.
David:woot:

Hi David

You are such a darling! Thanks for your kind words, I'm really pleased with the article and the photos, it is mainly about my problems with employment and stupid ignorant employers! I just hope it will encourage those who read it, to hold their heads up and not put up with any hassle they get at work.

I'm trying really hard to keep smiling David, you guys are an incredible support and inspiration, and I hope at the time of reading my reply, you are well? You are an amazing inspiration to me, I think we should all be proud of ourselves as we've all had large hurdles to face in our lives. I just hope that I can get a job soon, I am going crazy being at home alone most days, I'm a people person, and seldom enjoy my own company. You will all be the first to hear about it when I do get one, and if I pass my two university courses in epilepsy! My dad has offered to pay for me to do a counselling course, I would dearly love to work with people with epilepsy.

Anyway my friend, I must go and put my face on, the sun is actually out here today, that's two days running!!! Keep in touch, and take care.

Lotsalove

Elaine x

Thanks to you Elaine.

Thanks to you Elaine for braving the world and telling your personal story. You will help many with your selflessness. :clap:

Hi There

It was my absolute pleasure to do the article, and I really do hope that it helps others to stand up for themselves, I hope that you get the chance to read it, there must be some way I can download it onto CWE, I'm a real technophobe though!

I hope you are ok and happy? Keep in touch, and it was great to hear from you again, thanks for your kind words!

Best Regards

Elaine x

Back
Top Bottom