Father of a 5 y/o Epileptic Boy.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey all. Im Andy Morley i am the father of Thomas (Tom), he is 5 years old and has generalised partial epilepsy. He suffers from Atonic and Tonic Clonis Seizures. He also has a Vagus Nerve Stimulator.

I run an epilepsy blog here in the UK, (uk epilepsy . com)

Nice to meet you all.

Andy & Tom.

Hi Tom, welcome to CWE!

Make yourself at home, and feel free to explore all the forums. We have a number of UK members, so you may run into them as you're exploring.

Best,
Nakamova

Hey! Im new here to and from England... not so sunny England anymore! :D I hope your son gets better xxxxxxx

Hi Andy,

I'm from Baltimore, so greetings to you and your son, Tom, from across the ocean!

Theresa

Hi Andy, I also have a vagus nerve stimulater, but I am also taking meds also. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it's been helping alot with my seizures.

How's his doing for him? Is he still taking meds also?

Good to meet you!

Hi Andy, I also have a vagus nerve stimulater, but I am also taking meds also. I've had mine for about 4 years now and it's been helping alot with my seizures.

How's his doing for him? Is he still taking meds also?

Good to meet you!

Hey, nice to meet you too. His VNS has helped him alot. Being soo young it has taken him a little while to get used to it but i think he is finally ok with it now. He used to "fiddle" with it all the time, asking why it was there.

Before his VNS was implanted i spoke to him about it, so he has known for a long time what it is, he calls it his "Magic Battery" that stops him falling over.

He is still taking Topiramate and Ethosuximide.

"Magic Battery" - That's pretty cute.

When people ask me what mine is and how it works I describle it as "a pace maker for my brain".

Back
Top Bottom