Feeling a bit down

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

davidmc

New
Reaction score
Just feeling a bit down. My stepdad is in a care home with a trachy with no hope of ever leaving which is causing my mum to drink more than she usually does. She has had a couple of falls which worries me as she isn't in the best of health. And a fall (after a seizure) is how my stepdad ending up in first the hospital then the care home. Lost my dad when I was 17 so don't want to lose my mum too but worried I will. Got two law breakers in the family (very serious crimes), my mum and sister don't talk. Sometimes I jusg feel my family is falling apart.
Feeling very lonely in my flat on my own. Used to have a gerbil till last year, not the best for company but better than nothing. Taught him recall. Still missing him. Been missing my dad recently too even though he died in 1999. My girlfriend is going on holiday on Saturday so will be looking after her dog so will have some company at nights but will miss my gf loads. We were going to go to lackpool this Thursday just gone with a friend but her family said it's too busy there and stopped it (we are both in our 30's but she lives at home). Would have been nice. Not doing well with weightloss either, I am doing the old Weightwatchers plan but when I am feelibg stressed I often go over the daily points I have been assigned. If it wasn't for stupid epilepsy I would never have put the weightback on in the first place! I was 12 stone in 2010 which was fine for my height but then the epilepsy got worse (mostly controlled now though) and I couldn't even get out the bedroom without havibg a few simple partial seizures. So I ended up just getting food from the nearest shop which only sold crisps and chocolate foodwise. So then I put all the weight back on. By the time U did get epilepsy medication I had got addicted to junk food. Before that I ate it twice a week max but usually once. Anyway just fed up of it all. Need a holiday but nobody wants to or can go. Sorry for all this but just feeling a bit down

Sorry there is so much in your life you can't control. I've learned first hand this year that epilepsy brings along with it anxiety and depression. To be worried about the others in your family just makes it worse. Sending you hugs {{Dolores}}

davidmc, so sorry to read just where/how you are feeling. Prayers are with you.

Oh man you were going to Blackpool.You got lot in common with me,my mother in a home sister not talking and dad died in 99.
Alas your mums drinking problems are hers she grown woman but you can get help from AlANON that great help to people who have near and dear on the booze.Done the weight watchers but me heart not in it.
For sure you never get anyone to Blackpool why not go on your own.Methinks you not working.
I just started meditation a month ago I would said load crap but it in fact really good makes you quite high in good way,there lots of help on net get started.
I would suggest hamster but little blighters come alive at night,it would be good to have something that depends on you and you in turn get something back I had cat and house rabbit and one greatest joys in life is cat on knee stroking it rabbit not so good kept eating wires mainly telephone wire.
Hope things look up soon cheers

Thanks for the replies and support. Just found out my girlfriends sisters boyfriend is going on their family holiday. He's only known them just under a year whereas I have have known them over five years. So third year in a row it's me looking after the dog again yet somebody they have known a lot less gets to go with them. I didn't mind looking after the dog when I didn't know he was going but this is a f-ing p-s take! I will NOT be looking after the dog next year that's for sure! I don't mind paying my own way, even have money saved for any holidays. But I don't think it's fair that my gf's sister's boyfriend who they have known less than a year got an invite whereas I didn't. My girlfriend disagrees with me though.

Just to be clear guys, It isn't that I disagree or anything. Finding out what a friend of ours said just made me feel bad, really bad because David isn't coming. We have been talking today and both agreed to try and go somewhere together for a night and stay over. I think maybe that was just the wording, maybe wrong way of explaining it or something.

Be sure life can be a bitch at times..I always bugger off on my own sometimes ones own company is best....Going down to London tomorrow then spur moment flying on to Orknies it seemed good idea yesterday not so sure today but don't want be slave to e which I becoming

Be sure life can be a bitch at times..I always bugger off on my own sometimes ones own company is best....Going down to London tomorrow then spur moment flying on to Orknies it seemed good idea yesterday not so sure today but don't want be slave to e which I becoming

It sure can. It has been with me this year. That is another thread though.

Used to live in Orkney. I'm not always great with my own company, prefer others company, would hate going on holiday on my own so no point in doing that.

We will go somewhere in November.

Ok. Just been looking on the website, it's only £50 to have a dog there for the week. Plus the accodomation sleeps 8 according to the website. The higher car was a 7 seater but only 6 were going.

Back
Top Bottom