feeling terrified.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nelly

New
Reaction score
I haven't been here in a while.
Hello!
Im wondering if anyone else had experience this happen to them or know someone who has. would like to hear your experience.
I had a horrible worse seizure experience ever in my life.
Early Monday morning 2am. I woke up feeling extreme fear come over me along with ,deja vu. I could feel this whole experience and aware.

I didn't exaclly know I was having the seizure or what was really happening. I just knew I want this terrifying feeling to stop. When this happens I bite down on my blankets a pillow or bite down on my teeth.
When It was over I tried got out of bed to get a lorazepam. My legs were weak I fell to the floor. I got up and fell again.
Has anyone been conscious during their seizure while its happening.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks for reading my post.

Hello, Nelly. This sounds like a complex partial seizure. Talk to your neurologist & describe what happened to you. The closest I have been to actually being conscious during a complex partial was something about a year ago. Family was over, & I suddenly had a VERY odd feeling. I sat on the sofa, and had a really strong Complex Partial a few minutes later.

yes just like you describe there others on here have the same.it one worse feeling you can have it starts in pit o stomach going up the body and you think you going to die.i think I have small black out then it starts again.i go round the house holding husbands belt following him make sure I still alive.the deja vu aswell..I am afraid you describing all to common symptoms.
you just have to go with it the aura wont kill you just keep telling yourself.i take cloberzam if it goes on for any lenghth but that's hit or miss.i don't really know what happens I think little peti mal then pounding head ache.the aura and the head ache are the worse thing for me

Most of my CPs occur w/o any warning though, & unless I have a witness or injure myself or do something to my surroundings I'm totally unaware that one has even occurred. I had a VERY severe CP 2 weeks ago (on 1/14). I burned myself severely--AGAIN. That is how I found out that I must have had a CP. Everyone in my family (my husband & sons) was asleep upstairs.

Nelly,

Intense fear is my aura and one of the main symptoms of my complex partials. During a complex partial, I'm aware I'm having a seizure but my state of consciousness is altered and I can't talk. The intense fear is so powerful and it is actually painful for me during a complex partial. Years ago when I would have many complex partials in a day, it would totally mess with my state of mind. Since surgery in 2015, I just get the auras which are not pleasant but it's not as bad as having the complex partials. When I'm having the auras, I change my state of mind by listening to music.

Thank you for all of your comments. It sounds like it's pretty common to us with E.
I thought after surgery this would never happen again.
Surgery was in 2003. Had a few tonic clinic seizures.never had on extreme complex partial seizure where I was conscious.
Thank you thank you ! ! :hugs:

Hi nelly,

Right before I have a complex partial seizure I will start to see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes, I get a nervous feeling in my stomach and then I blank out. My Epileptologist told me what's really happening is I'm having a simple partial (Aura)seizure that leads into a complex partial seizure. As crazy as it sounds one thing that has stopped most of my complex partial seizures is taking vimpat and putting coconut oil on my skin once a day. The coconut oil builds up ketones in my body which in turn reduces the seizures. You may want to give it a try and if you do be sure to buy the organic coconut oil it makes a big difference. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom