*Free* Study Opportunity--Autism Only

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hootie

New
Reaction score
Check out this *free* study for people ages 3-21 that have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum (PDD, autism, aspergers, etc)

http://btautismstudy.info

It is free, you don't have to travel. It just requires filling out paperwork and watching two short videos (60 min and 30 minutes).

If you want to learn more about Body Talk (it may work for seizures as well)...
http://bodytalksystem.com

I spoke with Elizabeth (see first website) and she said she would like to get the study started in February but they need more participants. Sign up ASAP if interested.

Enjoy!

It would be interesting to see the results of their studies. Stacy once saw a chiropractor who practiced the "Applied kinesiology" that the Body Talk folks seem to be talking about.

I will let you know if I enroll my son in the study.

I already have him signed up with a local practitioner for 1/29/11 but I can always cancel and sign him up for the study. I will call the people from the study to see if they are any closer to the amount of people they need (46) for the study. When I spoke with them last, they were only 1/2 way there but I helped them by posting the study on several autism groups.

I have heard some good results with other kids with autism (starting to say some words where there was no speech, etc).

I am hoping for decreased seizures (and, therefore, AEDs) and decrease in food and/or environmental allergies. Help in the learning/socialization/communication departments would be SUPER, too!

Back
Top Bottom