Gard Diet and Homeopathy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

POSITIVEPERSON

Playing With Angels
Reaction score
I am now following Dr John's Gard diet for the epilepsy and using homeopathy. I started on Sat and my stomach is feeling so much better. Since Feb my stoamcah has been giving me problems. I have had problems with my thyroid since 1997 and haven't been able to lose any weight,since Sat I have lost 2 lbs , I am super happy .

Next I shall see what will happen when I drop the last 25 mgs of mysoline. All the homeopathys have told me I would never be able to get off my meds and now that the mysoline is making me sick (depression, tiredness, migranes, nausea, can't sleep at nite,) I have no substitute dosage I got scared and went on the gard diet . I do believe it will be the icing on the cake for me.

Will keep everyone updated on what develops.

wishing everyone a sz free life

Riva

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you have better luck with it than Stacy did. She lost too much weight and her monthly period went haywire. She had to stop using the GARD diet.

Good Luck Riva!

Like Bernie said, when I was on the GUARD diet, I liked it, but I lost a BUNCH of weight. My hormones went crazy and I noticed VERY heavy periods. I was diagnosed with anemia, but I bet if you watched for those things, the diet will work..

Keep us posted.

Thanks for the warning Stacy will see what happens, my periods are erractic right now.
Will keep an eye out for the annemia . I guess I can take molasses to protect from annemia.
I am super overoverweight , I went from 105lbs to almost 200lbs . I am now starting to lose weight and I hope I get my body back. Being overweight was super uncomfortable for me . Losing 70-80 lbs is not a problem for me and I exercise daily and do yoga.

Will keep everyone informed as how I do .

Riva

Back
Top Bottom