GARD: Tuna salad

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Molly97

New
Reaction score
I like this one for when I've had a seizure and don't feel like cooking.

1 can tuna packed in water
1/2 cup bell pepper chopped I like the flavor of the orange, red or yellow
1/2 cup mild onion chopped
1/3-1/2 cup celery chopped
1/4 head of cabbage, sliced thin as for coleslaw
2-3 teaspoon dried dill weed to your taste
as little mayonnaise as possible-many mayonnaises are being made these days with soybean oil.

Combine in a bowl. As a main course, this makes two meals for me by myself. My husband likes to make a sandwich of it, but then he's not completely on the GARD.

Instead of the cabbage, I also sometimes use organic baby spinach or rarely, lettuce chiffonaded.

Last edited:
Thanks!

This looks like a yummy recipe Molly! Though I don't go for tuna (very long, but funny story), I may turn around and put salmon in it instead.....

I just eat it straight out of the can or package. I love fish in general. My favorite is salmon out of those vacuum sealed packages. Here's my recipe...
Get a plastic fork.
Get a vacuum sealed package of salmon (or tuna).
Open the pack of salmon (or tuna).
Eat it.

Throw out the fork.
No dish washing required!

I do much

the same thing with the salmon, but NOT the tuna......

I was never big on salmon until I moved to the west coast & got it fresh from the ocean. Still don't like the canned stuff though but I don't mind canned tuna.

I agree with you all. Salmon would substitute well in this recipe. I'll have to try it.

As for eating tuna or salmon out of the can, I have done that with tuna at a time when I was coming off Geodon and couldn't stand on my feet long enough to do any chopping. It's good in a pinch, but I like the flavors and salad texture of putting the veggies in.

Back
Top Bottom