Getting a mammogram when you have a VNS

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
I had a mammogram recently. The tec saw I had a VNS and asked what it was. When I told her she wanted to know if it was ok to have a mammogram. I had breast cancer so she wanted to make sure she got good x-rays and had to take them from many angles. I know the tec was pretty nervous about doing it.

My neuro, or any other dr, has never said anything about having a mammogram with a VNS. I've never had problems with getting a mammogram either and I've had several. Has anyone else been told anything about it?

Back
Top Bottom