[GARD/GFCF] GLuten Free Perogies

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
So I am in charge of making perogies this year for Christmas dinner, and since I decided to try and go gluten free this weekend I will be going gluten free as much as possible this Christmas (I havent given my family enough notice to adapt everything just for me) So I found this dough receioe

2 1/4 cups glutinous rice flour
1/4 cup potato flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cup boiling water

To make wrapper: Bring pot of water to a rolling boil for several minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the first 4 ingredients. Now, measure the amount of water needed and return that to a boil and immediately pour the boiling water over the dry ingredients. Mix well, cover for about 5 mintues. Afterwards, knead 3 or 4 minutes. Oil your hands and surfaces if the dough starts sticking.

Last edited:
fillings can be numerous. My favourite has always been potato bacon and cheese, although I found adding a bit of soy milk or tofu instead of cheese is awesome

You can also have:

Pierogie with cottage cheese

Pierogis with sauerkraut. Boil the sauerkraut in small amount of water for about 30 minutes, drain the remaining water, cut an onion small and fry it until it turns light brown. Then, cut the boiled sauerkraut, or blend it in a blender with the onion, add pepper and salt to taste.

Pierogis with sauerkraut and mushrooms (same as above you just add mushrooms.

Pierogies with fruit (blueberries are my favourite, but peaches are really nice too) . You just wash the fruit (in case of cherries, remove the stones), fill pierogis with the fruit and after cooking, serve with sugar and/ or cream. YUMMY!

Man, I just had lunch and now you're making me hungry again. I love perogies!

yum!

I love them too! but in Nebraska they were more commonly referred to as Runza's. :) (It's a restaurant chain out there... ) I've found that lots of cultures have the same type of recipe. In Trinidad, they are called Patties. Instead of a bread type dough on the outside though, they use a pie crust type outside. The stuffing is whatever kind of curried meat you want. :)

Back
Top Bottom