Got my appointment for my Vibrating Foot

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I'm scheduled to see the Neurologist February 15th at 11:00 AM for my foot, YAY. So hopefully he can figure this thing out. It's vibrating constantly, when I go to bed, when I wake & sometimes I get pins and needles feeling. UGH. I can feel it but I'm going to buy a stethascope to see if I can hear it too. lol Everytime I try to feel it with my hand, it doesn't always let me feel it. Anyway, that's the date. Wish it wasn't so far off but at least I got it.

Hang in there, I hope it doesn't get any worse in the month.

Thanks Nakamova, hope it doesn't either and hoping for the best it's not something serious but better to not let this go anymore than it has to.

The thing that worries me is my kind of symptom is part of MS, hope it doesn't come to that. Plus I read that if worse comes to worse, they do surgery to fix it, that I can live with.

Nakamova, now this vibration is turning into tingling and at times covers my whole foot and sometimes just aches. What do you think it could mean?

I think there might be a problem with a compressed nerve -- any chance you can see a podiatrist sooner than the neuro?

Hi, I don't know. Anything I have to do, has to be referred by my doctor cause of insurance and what not. He told me to see my Neurologist and even I had to get a new referral for that even though I've been seeing him over 2 years. I had to get new referral cause it's a new problem. UGH

My foot quit vibrating for a bit, now it's back and I am even feeling it in my other foot now and also it did it in my hand once, be so glad when I get to see the Neurologist, this is weird

Hi AngelwithDentedHalo!

I'm seeing my Neuro today at 3 and I'm going to tell him about my vibrating face (gosh that always sounds so weird when I say it) and see what he thinks. I'll let you know what I learn from him.

Brandi

Saw the neurologist this afternoon and he said he has heard of the vibrating before. He said it's not unusual and it's a form of convulsion. He kept me on the Topamax and added Vimpat. Maybe your foot is convulsing?

It's probably related to the seizure I had in the past or could be a pinched nerve. I see my own Neurologist on February 15th, will let you know what he says. I've had eye twitches before too but the vibrating foot thing is new, well compared to before. It's been vibrating for almost 2 months now.

Bet you're glad to know at least with you

Yeah, although it was a little embarassing to ask....hey doc....does anyone else's face vibrate? lol

I find I stress more when I don't know than if I do cause you tend to think the worst like when I had ulcerative colitis, was terrified it was cancer but it turned out not to be, just needed my colon removed.

Now I'm lots better and when I had the seizure, I worried about a brain tumor but it wasn't. The doctor thinks the brain bleed I had was what caused the seizure but don't know what caused the bleed.

Better to ask the questions than wonder.

No truer words, Angel. A bleed is what caused mine as well. But a 2000 animal caused mine :( I agree, I am a worry wart. And it doesn't help any, either....It's not like it makes it any better. lol

I was thrown from a draft cross (large horse) that was bucking out of control. I went head first into a steel rail and then he trampled over me. The lady who owned the ranch who too afraid of a lawsuit to dial 911 so instead of helping me, left me lying there. As soon as I could get up, I drove myself to the hospital where I had a couple broken ribs, fractured hip, chipped vertebra, sprained ankle, and concussion. Later after I started to have seizures, they detected I developed the bleed after I was released.

I still ride my own horses (that are very well trained) and I now ride with a helmet. :) And the lady DID get the lawsuit she was expecting. But, she wouldn't have if she would have done the human thing by helping me that day.

I'm only on one antiseizure meds and have been on it for over 2 years, so don't think it's that. Hopefully will find out in 18 days

Back
Top Bottom