Head twitching

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Krismutt

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me with a situation my 14-year-old seems to be having. We have been weaning her off her Trileptal for the past few months. She has been seizure free for almost 4 years. Last year we thought she was having them when we tried to take them down but it was migraines not seizures.(Migraines were due to stressors of multiple injuries and becoming a couch potato after being a very active dancer with endorphin levels dropping severely.)

Her meds were trippled in this process because they were not sure what she was having until a 72 hour EEG and many trips to the doctors did they figure it was a rare migraine disorder she had.

Now we are down to half a pill just in the morning since Sunday. On Friday night though before we took it down to the half pill in the morning, I noticed her head was twitching mildly for about 15 minutes. Yesterday and today she had the same thing at school but each time was about 5 minutes and she says during this time she feels really tired.

She has gelastic seizures as this is nothing what she would do before when having a seizure. She would laugh oddly, body would get rigid and she would have no awareness of her surroundings for 15-60 seconds.

I am not sure if her seizures are changing or if this is just a side effect of coming off meds. We have taken half a pill away every two weeks since October and this is the first of her having problems.

Has anyone experienced this with their kids?

Back
Top Bottom