Hello!! I am new :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

claudi

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am here to hopefully find support and offer it as well :)

I have had focal seizures for as long as I can remember. I had my first tonic-clonic at the age of 25 and had my 6th one 3 days ago (I am now 37). I bit the he** out my tongue ***bonus*** I have lost 3 pounds!!

I think my situation is a bit rare, as I feel my seizures. It is quite terrifying and painful.

**Warning** I am a bit of a smart a** A nice one though :)

Claudi :)

The bitten tongue just sucks! Imagine if someone tried to jam a spoon in your mouth like they used to train folks to do................

Thanks for responding! I have never met another person with epilepsy and I am excited LOL.. As I mentioned in my op, I am aware of the seizure and decided to move my tongue to the right (I always bite the left) and managed to scallop both sides... If there is a next time, I will just take the one sided damage. :)

Hi Claudi.

Welcome to CWE. I joined last June and have information that has helped me so much, I hope this will be the case for you too.

Hi Claudi,

Just wanted to welcome you. CWE has tons of information and offers a lot of support. Make yourself comfortable!

Thanks Zbird and jyearta . I am already getting some info just reading through the posts..

Back
Top Bottom