Hello, I'm a new member! Just diagnosed with a Seizure Disorder yesterday.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

iwasphone

New
Reaction score
I'm not the most social butterfly in the world, so when my doctor suggested to me that since we have a local support group for those with seizures, I was grateful but I still declined. I'm not the best with face-to-face social interactions, so here I am!

It was great to see this website exists. So hello! My name is Kathleen. I'm 21 years old. It's very nice to meet everyone.

I had my first (known) seizure last Thursday. A pretty vicious tonic-clonic seizure that I had, luckily, while sitting down. It lasted nearly ten minutes (which I did not know was very long until my doctor visit) and when it was over I had a very frightening case of amnesia! I didn't even know the most basic things, like how I was a person, what my name was, who my roommates were. It was definitely an experience, and my mother who was there was so scared to death! D:

But eventually I was back to normal and it was as if nothing happened. The following day I was sorer than I had ever felt. Like I had worked out every single muscle in my entire body.

Although I'm not sure if I have epilepsy, I'm currently I'm on the fast-track to figuring out what's going on. I went to the doctor several days later (I wish I had gone sooner, but my roommate kept assuring me it wasn't a big deal since she'd had seizures in the past) and was diagnosed with a seizure disorder. Now I'm waiting on my insurance to kick in next week to get all of my tests and scans done, but I should have answers by the end of August.

Thanks for reading!
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen, welcome. :)

This is a wonderful online community. Please jump right in.

Hello and welcome to CWE!
Best of luck with your diagnostic phase! Hope it goes well :)

Hello and welcome to CWE!
Best of luck with your diagnostic phase! Hope it goes well :)

Thank you! Lucky my doctors are working with me pretty cooperatively.

By the way, I was looking at your profile and discovered that you ALSO have four cats. That rocks.

Welcome! I hope they can figure out the nature of where the seizures are coming from and control them for the long haul. Best of luck and everyone on here is really informative and understanding.

Glad you're here! The site is introvert friendly. Lurk or post as you like.

Welcome to CWE

Welcome,

You will find that you are among friends. Feel free to ask questions. You are sure to get a response. You are not alone. My daughter lost memory of 24 hours after two of her seizures.

Good luck on your journey and we are here to help.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom