Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisel

New
Reaction score
Hello. I'm 'chisel'.

I have had epilepsy for about 6 years now. Wow - six years, I've never kept track before... anyways - I am taking tegrotal for a mild case of epilespy. My doctor told me I had 'petit-mal' seizures, but a couple months ago I had experienced a few seizures that freaked me out and made me think I had a second personality since I would wake from it but remember questions I had in my head during the spell - questions that had me in question, "Was that me who asked this?" I told my doctor about it already, but can't remember what this spell was called. We concluded it happened because I wasn't taking my medication at the time, and that I shouldn't worry and remember to keep taking my medication. I only see my doctor once a year.

I have a hard time remembering I even have epilespy at times, and therefore forget to take my medication. I only take one pill in the morning, one pill at night, a light dosage.

I have decided to join this board because I recently have been experiencing some paranoia about my health. I've had this once before a couple years ago, around the same time of year. I don't know if this behaviour is related to my epilepsy, or the fact that I feel I have "no life" right now since I'm done school until the Summer - maybe it's a mix.

Thanks for listening.
chisel

Hi chisel, welcome to the forums.

I'd highly recommend you start keeping a seizure diary - whether you use a booklet or just jot notes down on a calendar. It's good to keep track of which days you took your medication, had any seizure activity or wierd experiences, and even your diet and sleep patterns.

My wife Stacy has trouble with her memory recall after she has had a seizure. But the memory recall returns to normal over time if she controls the seizures.

If you have one of those pill boxes where you can put the pills for each day in a separate compartment, it can help you remember whether or not you have taken your pill.

There is a lot of information posted in these forums. Read as much as you can and ask questions about anything you don't understand. We're all here to help one another (as best we can).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom