HELP! Lyrica causing heart cramps and convulsions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Malla

New
Reaction score
The only medicine I had.... and it was working so well, has lately been giving me huge problems. The last four weeks, I have been getting a lot more seizures and convultions, than I remember normally having. Also... I have spent the last 4 days with something that feels like angina cramps...

So, (yes I know Nakamova), I was supposed to try to heighten the maintanance dosis a bit, but I just can't. These symptoms are not normal for my seizures. I was seriously afraid my heart would stop today. The symptoms started exactly 20 minutes after swallowing Lyrica (as I have noticed the last week) ... then there's really no doubt what's wrong.

I'm back with the febrile seizures now. My temp goes up a tad bit with every seizure. And I'm scared....

Luckily I have an appointment with the Epilepsy Hospital the day after tomorrow.

Malla

Last edited:
And also..... with the "going off Lyrica", I have noticed another thing with my seizure activity, that I had forgotten about while being on the med's. It feels like I am being forced to sleep when I'm idle. Say, I'm just laying in my bed, resting - I simply cannot hold my eyes open, as if something is making me fall asleep. What on earth? Insomnia?

...all good questions for your epilepsy appointment. Write down everything you want to discuss with them, just so you don't forget.

Back
Top Bottom