Help with side effects

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Aaleayha

New
Reaction score
So I'm starting this off by asking for help with extreme thirst and cotton mouth. I'm drinking too much water in one day to try and quench it. And I can't ignore it because it hurts, physically, when I get thirsty. How do I get rid of this?

Last edited:
Just sip water over the course of the day, don't guzzle. And add some lemon juice (which can help stimulate saliva).
Avoid foods that dry put your mouth (salt, sugar, alcohol, caffeine).
Try sugar-free hard candy or sugarless gum to improve your saliva flow.
There are OTC saliva substitutes that you could try to help keep your mouth from drying out.

Do you know what's causing the drymouth? For me, it's a side effect of Lamictal, but as noted above, it can be a symptom of diabetes, or other illnesses like Sjogrens.

Do you know what's causing the drymouth? For me, it's a side effect of Lamictal, but as noted above, it can be a symptom of diabetes, or other illnesses like Sjogrens.

Or it could be from the Lyrica:
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lyrica-side-effects.html
Side Effects of Lyrica - for the Consumer

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Lyrica:

Blurred vision; changes in sexual function; constipation; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; gas; headache; increased appetite; lightheadedness; stomach pain; trouble concentrating; weight gain.

Call your dr.

I've been tested for diabetes but all the tests came back negative. I think it's on the tip of the knife right now. But I'm not sure.

The Lyrica, I have a lot of problems with it but it's the only thing that's worked for me. I don't want seizures. I haven't been able to see my doctor due to $$ issues.

Back
Top Bottom