Here and there, hair is everywhere

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cinnabar

New
Reaction score
Am on Lamictal (brand) and Clonopin. From what I understand, main culprits.
I cannot be without them as much as I battle with my doctor. He's recommended vitamin suppliments to thwart the problem. Bioten, B-Complex and Selenium. Not doing the trick. Does anyone have any ideas? I know the scalp needs to be lubricated. I've read that rubbing olive oil to the scalp is supposed to help. No luck. Just feel like my head is a kind of salad dressing.
:ponder:

When I started on Lamictal my hair was falling out all over. But after a few months I stopped shedding and now seem to be back to normal. I tried a few things like spritzing my scalp with apple cider vinegar mixed with water. And I tried Biotin supplements. But in my case, I think it just took awhile for my body to adjust. I hope the same happens for you!

Thanks Nakamova, I'll try your remedy. In my case this has been going on for sometime. Hope to have your luck.

Thanks Bernard, Very informative article. Think I was looking for a quick cure. Eating a more balanced diet and excersize should help. Though when I get stressed (lots of it now) my stomache tends to lock up and have a difficult time eating. Despite, I need to forge on and eat more hair helper foods. I'm returning to yoga. Great for circulation. Really, more importantly: to keep mentally and spiritually balanced. And as nasty as it tastes, I've got to take my flaxseed oil "every" morning... I think it's a matter of being more responsible. Keeping healthful life choices close to home.

Last edited:
FYI: I take flax seed oil every morning , but as a softgel, so there's no taste whatsoever. (The particular brand is Puritan's Pride organic high lignan flaxseed oil, but I'm sure there are others out there.)

Probably less expensive. But I heard you get the most benefit from the oil. I'll have to look into it further. Thanks!

OMG I totally know how you feel! My hair keeps falling out like everywhere all the time and I'm on Lamictal by itself. It's so embarrassing being a sophmore girl in high school and having my hair fall out like I'm a balding 60 year old man, or something. It totally sucks!

Hey stranger! ;)

I heard that using a shampoo with Zinc (like head and shoulders) can help. My wife's having major hair issues with Depakote as well. I told her to use something with Zinc in it as I read on here it helps. Does she listen... probably not. But that's just her. She'll be stubborn till her last day, this much I know.

Back
Top Bottom