Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am new here!
My name is Grace...I am 23 years old!
I have had epilepsy since I was 15 years old..
I was having up to 3 seizures a day..every two days!
On the 18th of January I underwent surgery to remove the lesion I was born with to remove my epilepsy
I am as of today..2 months seizure free BUT will always be considered an epileptic.
I am on this site to talk to people...meet people who understands the daily battle it can be to even be scared to leave the house alone and not know what is going to happen..
To help anyone thinking about having surgery!
I have plenty of time on my hands now to make new friends! :)

Hi MissSkittles, welcome to CWE!

You've come to the right party -- lots of folks who "get it" about epilepsy, and quite a few who've had surgery or may be considering it. Make yourself at home!

Best,
Nakamova

Thank you very very much! :)
Should be fun to talk to people who have/are going through what I am!
Not many of my friends understand alot about it...and especially this after surgery ride of emotions is a handful a half to control till my brain settles back down!

Welcome MissSkittles!

Love, love, love the name :) Congratulations on 2 months seizure free!

Hahaha..thank you!
I named my gorgeous kitten after my favorite candy in the world... SKITTLES!
She is actually what is holding me strong and is my personal little carer for me right now!

I tried to link a photo of her for you all to see BUT i havent been around long enough to post links yet! :(

After being an Administrator in Assisted Living Facilities and Long Term Care Facilities I am a firm believer in the positive healing that animals can bring. Helps that I am a huge animal lover as well. Its amazing how animals can sense things in us that sometimes we don't sense ourselves.

I totally agree...
When I was about to have a seizure (I blanked out)..my right eye would twitch a bit sometimes...she used to do the same thing on twitch/blink/half shut her right eye at me/friends and it was kind of like a "warning"

maybe I read into it a bit too much...but it was very strange...but also VERY cute..

Hi Miss Skittles,

Welcome to CWE. I see in a post you left in the thread (almost time) I have in the laboratory that you had your surgery at the Austin. I had my brain surgery done at the Austin hospital aswell :).

I had a left side frontal lobe labotomy in March last year & have just celebrated my 1 year seizure free anniversary. I am due to go back to the Austin health on March 26th for my 12 month review with the neurologist & neuropsych.

Good luck with your recovery.

Last edited:
Thats amazing!!!
Congrats!!

Would Professor Fabyini hsppen to be your surgeon...he was mine :)

Yes Mr Fabyini was my surgeon :). I've been going to the epilepsy clinic every 3 months for my follow up appts. After this upcoming appt it will be every 6 months. The neurologist who I've sene for most of my follow up appts is Dr. Carney & of course I also see the neuropsych Marie for the psych part of the recovery.

Back
Top Bottom