Hi Everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Galymjohn

New
Reaction score
I am happy for finding this great community. I have a mother who is living with epilepsy. Her situation became worse since last year. Because she lives in a smaller city in Kazakhstan she does not have much access to proper care. She has been living with epilepsy since the age of 10 and has tried many medications but none of them seemed to help for long periods of time. I have been supporting her financially while I am working and studying in Chicago. Lately, she has been having a couple of seizures a day. My little sister and brother who are living with her are used to the situation but are also very worried about our mother. Just last week we were able to find a hospital in one of the provinces of Kazakhstan called Almaty. Over there they do epilepsy surgeries. I have some money to get her prepared and settled for the surgery but I am lacking capital for the surgery. I would like to ask for your help in any way or support through "gofundme". I promise to give back to the community as soon as I can. I have more pictures and details on the "gofundme" page.
Thank you for reading my story. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Galymjohn, welcome to CWE! You've come to a great place to meet all sorts of people dealing with epilepsy so jump right in. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, and I hope she gets the help she needs.

Unfortunately, go fund me links aren't allowed at CWE so I had to remove your link.

Back
Top Bottom