Hi everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMANDA

New
Reaction score
I'm sure many of us have already communicated in the NSE forum already. :lol:

I'm Amanda, and had epilepsy since the age of 18 months old due to Meningitus, so have had it for 37½ years now. I've had 3 brain operations done between 1991-1992 in London, due to having daily fits prior to the surgery. I had 2 ops which was called 'Sub-Dural Depth electrode Surgery'; then the third one, the next year, called a 'Temporalobectomy' - the main one of the three to do the tricks.

Still not 100% cured, due to part of the left-temporal-lobe not being able to be removed, but he re-sectioned it away from the Hippocampus to prevent as many brainwaves getting through, and causing fits. But they do still happen from time-to-time still now. The fits I have, since brain surgery physically do me in more so than those I had before surgery - BUT am much more improved in the long-term most definitely!
amanda24sp.jpg

Hello! It's nice to meet you and I hope that I will have a little more time later to talk to you about your Epilepsy (and mine too). Gotta run... it's getting late and I'm really tired.

Love, Stace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom