Hi & starting e-mail Group

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new but not to Epilepsy sadly (44 yr. struggle).
I'm on Vimpat, Topamax, Tegretol-xr (30yrs), and the VNS since Jan./2010.
I fell out of my walker at 9mos. onto our heating register and it caused a brain injury & burns.
As the B.I. healed it formed "scar tissue" which caused the Epilepsy I now have.
My complex/partials are triggered by fluorescent lights, hot showers, drastic weather changes, illness, & hormones. The Hormones cause "Drop attacks" though.
I always have an Aura - feeling of strong unexplainable fear (such as oncoming disaster I can't stop) or anxiety & visual enhancements.

I'd like to start an unofficial pen-pal group where we could send out (copy & paste) research & news on Epilepsy/Prescriptions that people are searching for.

It may be 2-8 e-mails a week to 2-8 every 2 weeks. Depending on my photosensitivity I may have problems but I promise you'll get the latest research, study, news out there.
I hope I can help somebody.
Rosie McKeever

Last edited by a moderator:
We typically post them here in the library section any new research we come across. Your always welcome to direct people here as well or you can use the search option to find specific questions.

Oops, sure thing

Hi Rae,
Thanx for the heads up. That's where I'll go. I was unaware you were allowed to do that without getting the Forum in trouble.
I'll be checking out the Library alot. :bigsmile: Hope I didn't step on toes. :(
TTYL,
Rosie

Hi Rosie, welcome to the forum. :hello:

CWE allows people to share info without disclosing private contact information to public scrutiny. You are welcome to post snippets/links to any research that you think might be of interest to the group in The Library.

Back
Top Bottom