Hi :)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi!! I'm Gravity (yes that's my given at birth name haha everyone asks me about it) I'm 29 years old and I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 4. I have tonic clonic, complex partial and when I'm really really tired atonic seizures. I am currently on Tegretol, but my epilepsy is still not very well controlled. I have about 4-5 tonic clonic seizures a day and 8-10 complex partial seizures a day. My 2.5 year old daughter also has epilepsy. She was diagnosed almost a year ago. Before we put her on medication she had about 5-6 tonic clonic seizures a day and hundreds of atonic and absence seizures. Now that she is on Depakote she has maybe 1 tonic clonic a month and 1 or 2 atonic seizures a week. It's great :) My husband is a pediatric surgeon and I had to quit my job as a Veterinarian due to my seizures.
I was born in Melbourne, AUS and moved to Venice, Italy when I was 13. After I met my husband we moved back to Melbourne, but we often take trips back to Venice.
So yea.. that's all about me I guess lol
Byeeeee hahaha :)

Heavy

Hi Gravity.
Welcome to our little home.
We are a family of people either with epilepsy or are related to someone with epilepsy.
There is a wealth of information here, and I hope you browse and ask questions on anything you can think of.
We are not doctors, so we will not prescribe anything, only relate a particular course of action we have taken and why with the research we've done and results.
We have threads where you can vent frustration, threads for jokes, music, recipes for cooking and plain old chatter.

We have moderators who will greet you shortly, so hang on and someone will chat and suggest a thread or two.

Browse around and relax, you're among friends.

Hi and welcome...
I am new here, too (my son is the one with seizures). Glad you found this site.:cheers:

Hi Gravity
Welcome! Shelley broke it down real well for you.
You can check out the nursery where you can meet other parents who have children with seizures.

you can also check this out:
Epilepsy 101

Hi Gravity, welcome! It's lovely to see a fellow Aussie :) Your given name is awesome!

I hope you enjoy this forum - it's full of info and support. Hoo-roo, CleptaK

Hi, hello

and how do you do, Gravity!! I love the name!

I'm Meetz, and it's very nice to "meet" you. I'm glad you've found our little home here--Mr B has built us an AWESOME place here. It's a really fun dinner party we have going on here, so feel free to kick your feet up, and relax.

The Library and the Kitchen are great for finding all sorts of information, and the Padded Room is great for venting when you need to.

It sounds to me as if you have had a quite a bit going on. And I think that it's really cool that you ARE a veterinarian. That's not an easy feat at any time...but especially when you have frequent seizures. :)

We'll be here for ya whenever ya need it so feel free to give a holler.

Oh, and do you keep a journal for your seizures?? Quite often you'll find triggers you don't know about that way.....

Hugs to your daughter also, as well as your husband.

Take care, and welcome to CWE!

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom