How High Does Yours Get?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I was wondering how high does your heart rate get when having a tonic clonic seizure or a complex partial seizure?

I don't know about my heart rate, but I do know my blood pressure shoots way up. Normally I am low, 100/75, but during a seizure it goes up to 160/110

Last time I was taken into hospital it was 140-150 - its generally slightly on the higher level anyways (96 resting) but apparently 140 heart rate after coming out of the seizure is enough to get you a spot in resus (or at least it is in our local hospital)

not sure when I'm in seizure but, after my heart rate spikes up. if I get admitted in the hospital. they moniter me and will not let me leave until it's normal.

My last T/C seizure had a heart rate of like 154 bpm when they got my vitals after. I have also just been sitting down, feeling like I'm going to have a seizure, checking my heartrate, and it being in the 150s. Of course my neurologist is now convinced I am having panic attacks or something, but I NEVER had these issues before epilepsy. Plus I don't feel panicked - just that I'm going to have a seizure. I'm also somewhat of an athlete and that's where my heartrate gets when I'm RUNNING. My therapist explaind a panick attack, and she said what I'm experiencing definitely is NOT. Anyway, off topic.

Blood pressure is very low after. I think it was like 60/40 after my last one. The one before that was about the same. My blood pressure is almost always low (highest is usually around 100/60, lowest normal is about 80/60 - or something along those lines).

Back
Top Bottom