How Is Everyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I haven't been on this site forever. How is everyone doing? I'm doing good I'm 25 weeks pregant and you can get updated and or follow me on YouTube my channel name is jujub428.
Other then that, how is everyone?

Welcome back to the forum. :hello:

Congrats on your pregnancy! Have you noticed any change with your seizure control during the pregnancy?

We're hanging in there. Stacy is doing well with her seizure management. I'm the one struggling with issues related to the sciatic nerve, but I'll get through it eventually.

Ya I don't have them as much. I just wonder if they will come back after I give birth.
That's very good Stacy is doing good with her seizure managment.
I hate when your siatic nerve acts up.

Hanging in there. Waiting on the results from my ambulatory EEG currently and not really enjoying not driving at the moment. I feel more like a burden right now than anything, what with school and work. Especially going to school in two different cities. It's kind of difficult, feeling a little beat up but hanging in there.

Congrats on the pregnancy! Do you know if it's a girl/boy? I know nothing of when you find these things out so I'm hopelessly lost lol. Or are you keeping that a surprise for yourself?

I know how you feel feeling like a burden, it really is hard on is when having to rely on other people. I wish I could drive again and go the places I need to with out having to bother my husband. Ya, he is my husband and doesn't mind taking me but I still feel like I m bothering him.
I hate waiting for the results from doctors I swear they like to take forever just to tourcher us lol I hope you get the answers your looking for.
I m having a girl, we are very happy

Aww! Congrats on the girl! Have you guys picked out a name for her yet? That's too awesome! I'm super excited for you and can only imagine how you guys feel. How did your doctors do your coming off the medications? I've always been curious about that.

Yes her name is going to be Makaya. My face lights ups when I talk about her lol and she isn't even here yet.
My doctor has been very good so far with my pregancy and seizures. I was taking Tegretol and Keppra but they took me off the Tegretol because it cause birth defects. I m still on my Keppra and he said that's one of the safest anti seizure meds out there to take while pregnant it has less chance of birth defects. So far everything he has said is right so far. We had the babies anatomy scan and everything came out prefect and they didn't see any problems with her. They said yes there is a chance but they didn't see anything and if there was something wrong it would be very small.
I m just wondering now if she is going to have withdrawal problems when she is born because I have been taking all though my pregancy.
Do you have kids?

I don't, I have a dog though! She's my kid for right now. Her name is Soap and she's a little black and white Sheltie! I'm wanting to adopt instead of having my own, I see so many kids out there that need homes and I've got weird issues with a kid growing inside me LOL. I don't know what it is but I think its cool when other people are having kids but the idea I'm having one freaks me out a lot. I'm also really, really single right now. Kind of shying away from dating until I get more settled into this diagnosis and such. Plus I feel awkward saying I can't drive, you know?

Fyi ,my late wife stopped having grand mals all thru her pregnancy but about two weeks after the birth of our son she had one, also she couldn't breast feed at all . some meds, not all can be bad for the child if breast feed.... good luck and may God Bless...

Dogs are just as good as kids lol sometimes better. Adoption is good I m adopted and I think it takes special people to adopted I don't think I could adopt. So far I think being pregant is a weird, cool, experience. The kicks are still weird to be and ya when you look at it that there is a little human growing inside you it's a little weird lol.
What kind of diagnosis do you have? What kind of seizure? I have. Grand mal seizures and complex partials.

Fyi ,my late wife stopped having grand mals all thru her pregnancy but about two weeks after the birth of our son she had one, also she couldn't breast feed at all . some meds, not all can be bad for the child if breast feed.... good luck and may God Bless...

I m worried about that too. My biggest fear is having a seizure the ambulance or firedepartment coming and taking her away and then them saying I m not a fit mother. I mmplanning on breast feeding they haven't said I couldn't yet, hopefully they don't.

Back
Top Bottom