How To Remember To Take Your Meds W/O A Problem

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

acshuman

New
Reaction score
I know that many people have developed their own ways to remember to take their meds, but I wanted to give my take on what can be a problem for some people.
I use two seperate(AM/PM) daily medication organizers. I have them placed on my kitchen counter in a spot where I can't get past them W/O seeing them. This may take up 18" of the best counter area I have, but it also makes it almost impossible to ever miss taking my meds!
I think that in the case of a person w/E losing a little counter area is less important than forgetting to take my meds. I would imagine that many others w/E would feel the same way! :ponder:

acshuman

I Tod about pipit box not sure right spelling basically all your med is put in sealed in and on sealed base and only have to look at it remember Meds.it something pharmists do.they have 36 hours after scrip handed in..It samething as scrips in residential homes.

Oh my god that English grammar awful I re written that tomorrow..1a.m here so brain is going to sleep just need rest of me to follow

I Tod about pipit box not sure right spelling basically all your med is put in sealed in and on sealed base and only have to look at it remember Meds.it something pharmists do.they have 36 hours after scrip handed in..It samething as scrips in residential homes.
Seagull

Are you talking about something similar to a webster Pak which are done at the chemists?
I don't use one myself but my understanding is that the pharmacists makes up a pack which is seperated in each dose & is for a week.
Nursing homes use them but they are also good for elderly or people who have a lot of meds & have trouble remembering to take them.

105wjrc.jpg

I use a 7 day AM/ PM pill box which I keep on my kitchen counter & usually take my meds with my meals eg AM meds with my breakfast PM meds with dinner. But I sometimes get distracted & forget to take my meds or forget whether I actually took my meds until I see later that they are still in the pill box.

My friend told me about an app she uses on her phone Medisafe to remind her to take her meds which she found helpful & hasn't forgotten to take her meds since.
The app is American but I could still use it download it on my phone. I have it set to go of 7am & 7pm every day. It has a certain noise that reminds me & if I don't press the button to say I've taken my meds it will go off every 5 mins until I take them or press that I've taken my meds. I've found I haven't forgotten my meds since I've been using the app :)

I just set alarms on my phone which I keep letting snooze until I give the meds as we aren't always home at the right time. I adjust alarms for vacation times. We give meds three times a day, don't care for the weekly med boxes I've seen - those boxes wouldn't have worked for my mom, she had a bajillion meds and inhalers.

Hi Folks,

I sit my meds in the corner by the coffee pot so I won't miss them. I have to have that cup of coffee in the morning and then I put the same meds there for the evening and I walk by then many times during the day.
Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

I use the 7-day pill box and fill it every Sunday morning for the week. It has individual day pill holders that lift out, that way I can bring my meds with me wherever I go. Since I have to take my meds morning, noon, evening, and bedtime, I leave the individual pill box by my coffee pot so I won't forget my meds in the morning.

A picture:
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...21zI4fsNUpRCAAR7uc5qyVfG10AZoFS0KixAiUwCeWaWw

I bought 8 of the 4x4 pill boxes from ebay for cheap. Then every day I put one in my lunch bag and it's worked well. The 8th one is inside my car and used up on the day I pick up the medication.

Last edited:
I just set an alarm on my phone. Another method can be to put a sticky note with a picture of a pill drawn on it or write "meds" in all caps and tape it somewhere where you are frequently such as the bathroom mirror (putting it in the part where it blocks your face helps) and keeping the meds in the same location with a water bottle. Alarms are helpful, but it's easy to get side tracked sometimes.

Seagull

Are you talking about something similar to a webster Pak which are done at the chemists?
I don't use one myself but my understanding is that the pharmacists makes up a pack which is seperated in each dose & is for a week.
Nursing homes use them but they are also good for elderly or people who have a lot of meds & have trouble remembering to take them.

105wjrc.jpg

Yes that it

Back
Top Bottom