Husband has TBI caused Epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

TexasLady

New
Reaction score
Hi - My husband had a fall in June 2011, suffered a TBI, had brain surgery, yada, yada, yada. Put on Dilantin as standard procedure, but never at a theraputic blood level. May 2012 had gran mal seizure. 10 days in hospital for 24/7 eeg. One seizure induced while there. Fun time. Increased Dilantin and added Lamictal XR. No seizures since. However.....lately more tired, unfocused, foggy (his words), looks like death warmed over. Neuro tried him on Novigal. Husband said didn't work much if any (and at $450 a month it better work well). Now, he is just getting worse. Need to bounce ideas off others, please.

It must be very stressful for you to have to cope with this. My only suggestion would be to get a second opinion by another neurologist which can be easier said than done unfortunately. I hope you get some answers soon.I hope there are brighter days ahead for you, my friend.

Hi TexasLady, I'm new here. My partner has temporal lobe epilepsy also from TBI. He is on Keppra and (oops I have forgotten the name of the other med). The meds also seem to affect his speech & memory and we are very frustrated because he has been on so many different types of meds now, and if anything it has only made things worse for him. I am currently researching as much as possible about complimentary therapies/dietary changes etc. I have certainly noticed that tiredness and stress really affects the seizure frequency. I am very keen for him to try biofeedback/neurofeedback as a relaxation technique. Feel free to bounce ideas my way. Alos, I have a document in hich I paste any interesting research/findings that I find along the way which I am happy to share. Best of luck to you both x

Back
Top Bottom