Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) and epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cool1984

New
Reaction score
hi all i was born with Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) i was born at 26weeks i have a lifed vp shut! i have had 3 shunt fitted so far an oparat in 1998! i had my presssre checked my doctor is mr d c macarthur that great!

for the pass 10months i start to start to feel unwell i have start to shake in my sleep! i have lots of thing happing to me!
just ask away!

any one on here Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) and epilepsy

caroline calle me caz!

V/P shunt

When was the last time your shunt was checked?

They can malfunction, have you had a recent scan?

Call your doctor, you should be checked.

Re: V/P shunt

ellgee said:
When was the last time your shunt was checked?

They can malfunction, have you had a recent scan?

Call your doctor, you should be checked.

hi there! my last scan was 2004 they dont think it is my shunt at the momet! but they dont now what wrong i been having prolim for 10months now i am under 2 nouros one for shunt and one for fits
i am going to the hostpal in septmber!
caroline

That's not long now is it :D

Have you kept a note of everything written down so you can take it with you?

Did they say why they don't think it's the shunt? One of the common symptoms of a shunt malfunction is an increase in seizures.

Have you contacted the surgeon who placed the shunt? I just find it odd, that this has been going on for 10 months and they still have no answer for you and you have to wait until September for an medical evaluation.

Was there anything else 10 months ago that may explain your symptoms. Did they change your AEDs or dosages then? You shouldn't have been feeling this poorly for this long without reason.

ellgee said:
Did they say why they don't think it's the shunt? One of the common symptoms of a shunt malfunction is an increase in seizures.

Have you contacted the surgeon who placed the shunt? I just find it odd, that this has been going on for 10 months and they still have no answer for you and you have to wait until September for an medical evaluation.

Was there anything else 10 months ago that may explain your symptoms. Did they change your AEDs or dosages then? You shouldn't have been feeling this poorly for the s long without reason.

well this all start novmber 2005 and has carry on sence.
well i start having sz in novmber 2005 and there got worse sence

my last scan was 2004

well i will go in septmber but there not going to get far where going to be where we are now!!! :cry:

i am getting more and more worried! :cry:

i am not on any meds and my symons have cheaged
loads ask amy!

caroline what can i do! :cry:

Caroline, are you in the USA or UK? I can't imagine docs here waiting that long to help you. In any event, I hope you get some answers soon!

It doesn't say on your profile that your from the UK Cool, that's Bernard asked the question. Loads from America post here too :D

I posted the question before I realized that you were the same cool from the UK who registered here before. No problems. That would explain why it takes so long for you to get an appointment I guess. You can medical attention much faster over here although you have to leave an arm a leg with them (that's a joke... it's expensive here).

is it really it just stressing me out waiting so long and my mum dont htink there northing wrong!
and yeah it me caz caz satay not goling awhere lol :)
caz

Back
Top Bottom