I am off to see the Wizard....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DayDreamer

Stalwart
Reaction score
Oh man! I see the neurosurgeon on Wednesday and hopefully make a date for implantation of the RNS Neuropace within a few weeks. I have waited for this for six years as my attempt for the clinical trial messed up. I am normally a stoic person but for the last week since this appointment was set I have been excited. I have had energy.
I am not expecting my seizures to be completely controlled with this surgery, but it can offer good stuff if only tracking seizures and I hope for much much more.
If you want information the company is the best to contact.
http://www.neuropace.com/

I hope everyone can find a better way to imporove their seizure control and quality of life.

Keep us up to date on this, OK? I am interested to see how things go for you. Best of luck!

Yes, DayDreamer, keep us posted. I am very interested in this implant, too. It is always exciting to hear of new advancements in the world of epilepsy.

Best of luck to you!

Good luck, hope all goes well! It would be terrific if you would share your RNS experience with CWE as you move forward with it.

Hooray! My surgery date has been set for three and a half weeks from now unless any of my other doctors say no. I should be in hospital for two to three days and then come home fine and dandy with a battery powered stimulation device connected to both my left and right amygdala hippocampal areas. Correct placement of both the electrode and stimulating leads sounds like the most important part of surgery. My right focus even after two intracranial monitorings is not that well marked.
I think I will go have a hellishly fun/weird haircut while I still have all of it growing up there.

Back
Top Bottom