I have an appointment with an ENT

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My primary doctor works fast lol. He got me an appointment with the ENT. It's for August 24 at 10:30 AM. I'm still very hoarse. Had to work today & by the time I got done, I could hardly talk I was so hoarse.

I trust my doctor but still think it's possibly thryoid related. Anyway, that was quick, will let you know what happens. I read about these tests they do, involving sticking a thing down your throat with a camera so they can see the inside, not looking forward to that part. lol Hope they knock me out with a sledge hammer first. lol

ADH - Good luck with your appt & hope you get some answers. I've never had the test where they stick the camera down your throat but have had family members & friends who've had that type of tests. I think they usually give you something 1st before they do that type of test.

Good luck, hope it goes well!

Thank you, I hope they give me something too. I've been on a ventilator twice for surgeries and once I woke up with it and had it in for several hours, wasn't fun. Something standard they do when they put you under in case something happens. If it's my thryoid, I can say "Told you so" lol To the doctors. Not my primary one though, cause he's suspected a problem for awhile.

Well, just read it's not a camera but a scope with a light and guess it shows up on a screen & best part is it says the doctor sprays your throat with anesthetic and gives you a sedative to relax you. lol Thats good.

i have had one don't eat or drink anything past midnight ur there for about an hr.give u a solution to drink like chalk NASTY

Wll, the Drs office called to remind me of the appointment and said nothing about instructions so it's probably a consultation and will have something done next time if needed. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom