I met some new people and got good news

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Topcat

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi, I went to a neighborhood yard sale (at the school) and talked to people from a local epilepsy support group.
One of them told me about the monthly meetings of a support group. I replied that I would like to go but since I can't drive I have no way to get there.
(Cabs are expensive and the location is difficult to get to by bus.)
She said that she lives in the neighborhood and that she would be glad to give me a ride.
So it looks like I will be able to go and get some in person support.

Last edited:
That's great. Even though I don't need "support" per se, I would still love to talk to others locally with similar experiences.

Oops :oops: I meant to post:
neighborhood yard sale (at the school)
I just changed it.
I believe the next meeting is the second Monday of the month. I have it on my fridge.
Great filing system ;)

Support Meetings For People Who Don't Drive

Here in Minnesota the EFMN(Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota) has a video system that allows anyone, who may have trouble attending a support meeting, to attend the support meeting and other 'WEBINARS' just by logging onto the EFMN website with their computer. The system has the entire conference room covered with cameras. When someone who has logged in asks a question, that person's webcam posts a video of that person so everyone taking part in the meeting can see them as they ask their question. The cameras switch to different people as they speak.
We have gotten many comments on how helpful this system is for people who aren't able to get to the meeting in person. The system allows people to attend by just using their computers and webcams.
This is something that any person who has problems with transportation could suggest for their group to get. This would make it easy for anyone who has a computer and webcam to be a part of the Support Group!:clap:

ACsHuman

I give lift in me taxi but expensive and long wait,I went few in London but it basically for people who died came home more depressed.I took on Bord safety issue but wished he husband had come he may.seen e take seriously instead of taking early retirement full pension and carers benefit I was his free pass get paid as carer that was joke.
He never understood condition..
I would like take small group to go out to even litte holidays coffee orning can get help from local business financial usurp port..
This thread made me think of this

Hi, I went to a neighborhood yard sale (at the school) and talked to people from a local epilepsy support group.
One of them told me about the monthly meetings of a support group. I replied that I would like to go but since I can't drive I have no way to get there.
(Cabs are expensive and the location is difficult to get to by bus.)
She said that she lives in the neighborhood and that she would be glad to give me a ride.
So it looks like I will be able to go and get some in person support.

Hi Topcat
I was also told not to drive and here on Long Island there is the County Accessible transportation. There could be one in your area that you can contact for future needs. Here is a link to one in Phoenix.

https://www.phoenix.gov/publictransit/rider-information/transit-services/phoenix-dial-a-ride

Back
Top Bottom