I Started This Epilepsy Group!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm just curious, why you did start another FB group?

What you mean, I just started one.

The thread that you started states that you started this epilepsy group. What do you mean? I'm confused as to what you are trying to say. :ponder:

Cint, here's a translation: I started an epilepsy group on Facebook. Join it if you feel like it.

FYI - Posting an ad recruiting CWE members to join another epilepsy discussion really doesn't fit with the forum guidelines, but JLogefeil has been a good member of the forum for a while, so I'm not going to delete the thread.

We get posts/threads about facebook groups every now and again here on CWE. I would caution members that there is a huge difference between CWE and Facebook - CWE allows you to be anonymous to the world (don't use your real name for your CWE username), Facebook does not. This can have consequences in a world where employers, et. al. are monitoring people's Facebook accounts.

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f34/feel-much-safer-here-than-fb-22025/

Thanks, Bernard. That is exactly why I would much rather post here on CWE about my troubles with E than on Facebook and that is why I asked JLogefeil what I did. The whole world can have access to my postings on FB, so no thanks. I only post once in a while on FB.

JLogefeil , thankyou for thinking of us.it is a good feeling when someone trys to do something nice , but I would prefer to stay alittle private here at CWE.
Sadly FB doesn't.
BTY how is the new baby ?

I'm not embarrassed that I have epilepsy but I don't want for the whole world to know. If I started talking about all the meds I take, how many seizres I have and what the side effects from everything is like who knows what people would start saying about me on there? I know I have friends that will bring up something about something someone posted about themselves on face book and sometimes it's not nice.

I like it on here because we are all anonymous. Someone could be my neighbor and I'd never know. Plus everyone knows what things are like that others deal with and understand it. People without epilepsy aren't like that.

Back
Top Bottom