Im back again lol

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

CQ:)

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry went MIA for a little while but needed a bit of a break from everything but once I get my head sorted out I usually come back lol.

I have 2 things I dont cope with well which are stress and overthinking (overanalysing things) which I had been seeing a psychologist for to help me deal with. The psychologist has been fantastic and taught me so many techniques to help cope.

But I had been struggling at the end of last year / early this year when everything happened at once. I was dealing with stress in my job and not happy there. I was also overthinking my epilepsy way too much particularly after I had an adjustment to one of my meds which concerned my neuropsych & general psych. So my psychologist suggested taking a step back from the epilepsy forums for a little while.

Well the company I worked for ended up restructuring and changing my position, getting rid of the reception role & making it a different role so I lost my job in May. I did love it there but in the end wasn't happy so was relieved when I lost my job.

I spent months with my psychologist working on techniques to build my confidence back up aswell as making sure my overthinking & stress were reduced. I'm happy to say we finaly got to the stage where I was happy and my psychologist was happy that I told her in November that after two years of seeing her I was ready to do it on my own but I know if i start struggling again i can go back.

I did end up getting another job last month, not much different to my old job. My old job was receptionist for a builder, this job is an administration assistant for a cabinet maker. I enjoy it & the people I work with are great but I think the boss is crazier then me lmao. He has so much going on in his head that he sometimes thinks he tells you something when actually doesn't, that can be stressful but the guys I work with are great.

Last edited:
Um no idea where I was at with my epilepsy last time I was here but dont think they were controlled.

In May last year my current neuro added Zonegran to my Tegretol & Keppra. He has been slowly increasing the zonegran as it seems to be helping with the partials. I've gone from up to 4 partials a month to being able to go 6 -8 weeks seizure free. The way I feel during a seizure has changed but the neuro said its all related to the partials.
I was supposed to go back to the epilepsy clinic early next year but with my new job and the fact my seizures arent too bad Ive rescheduled it and am due to go back around March.

Last edited:
I'm so glad you're back. It sounds like things are going pretty well for you.

I might just tie you to your computer chair so you can't run off again. :D

Back
Top Bottom