Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
My husband and I went to the hospital here and got the reports of when i went into the hospital. And everything that was said on it is what other peoples options.
It said that my mother in law and my sister in law (witch was my best Friend at the time, we only said that so she don't have to sit in the waiting room) said that they dont think there real. And then it said that I told them that I could hear why they were saying, the only way I knew is becuase my husband told me what everyone was saying And when they use all the drugs they use I say whatever is on my mind even if it's good or bad.
I m so ready to give up on this I go see a nuroligist in a month but he is going to read the reports and not even listen to what I have to say.
I got a little mad at my husband becuase he was there the whole time and didn't say anything and I told him he needs to fight for me and he got mad. Most of the stuff on the report is NOT true and I don't know what to do.
I can't talk to my husband about it he doesn't care the one friend I thought I had is a brat and my parents don't know. I feel so alone
The report also said that I was doing drugs and I m not and it has the reason why I was getting SSI and I don't know how they got they got that info I didn't give it to them. They only thing I can think of is that my mother n law an my ex friend said all this.
I called my pych and he said that weird becuase he talked to both of them and they seemed like they understood and though they were real(which they are). I wish I had people around me who cared. I just want to give up and who cares if I die from a seizure the doc don't.
My pych wrote a letter saying that these aren't psudoseizures and he found evidence saying I was dropped on my head many times by my birth mom and this is prob the reason y I have seizure. Also it seemed like one min the doc were saying ya I have seizures but then one min they say I'm faking.
Please god someone help me:(

Don't give up! I know some of the things in that report may upset you, but I would still go see the neurologist. Just because of what others "think" doesnt mean the doctor will go off of that and say you dont have epilepsy. Let the dr talk, listen to what they have to say. If you can write down anything that will help, like what you remember before, during or after the seizures, of if anyone has witnessed them, anything will help! Hang in there. But please dont give up!

It really sounds like you're having a rough time and that you don't have the support you need around you!
In a way I'm so glad that we don't get our medical records on a regular basis here.
I'd hate to read what they wrote about me!
I would hope that your friends were trying to act in your best interest and that the Dr.s were just reaching and trying to interpret things from every angle but I know the pain associated with accusations of pseudoseizures.
It usually goes the other way around though...usually family and friends support you and Dr.s don't believe but it seems like you have medical support for your condition but not the support of those who love you.
I sometimes lash out at my hubbie too because I know that he loves me and has my back.
I find that when it comes to Dr.s that they don't respond to anger in a positive fashion. They get very defensive and it can backfire on you...my husband has tried this approach. So I don't know if your husband has to fight for you or calmly and decisively tell the honest truth.
It does sound like you're in a very uncomfortable position and you don't know who to trust!
You can always talk to us though! We care! Don't give up!
That is terrible that you dropped on your head "many times" by your birth mom. You were so young and couldn't even defend your little self. I hope it was accidental.

The reason y I got dropped on my head was becuase my mom had a seizure disorder other then that I don't know why she would drop but I do no she did a lot of drugs and stuff.
I just feel sosososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososososos alone and want someone here to talk to like in person (so if anyone want to meet me hit me up) lol thanks for the support guys.

I so wish we lived closer to one another. My dad has been to California and he loved it! He keeps telling me to get out and see it! Maybe one of these days when I get some money saved up, I;ll have to make a trip out there! Hang in there sweetie. I know it feels like you're all alone, and believe me I felt the same way after my VEEG last year. For me, CWE has been a huge lifesaver! There are so many people here to help me through the struggles. This place is amazing! :)

Yu make me feel like I want to keep going. But if they do another EEG and nothing shows up but have all the reports saying/showing that my husband writes when I have a seizure can they still diagnose me?
That would be cool if you came out here:)

They can diagnose you on the basis of the clinical evidence alone (i.e., your actual seizures, and the information your husband has observed). Not every neurologist is comfortable doing this -- it can help if you're seeing one who has a lot of experience with epilepsy. It can help if you are organized when you meet with him/her, and very firm in presenting the details.

Yu make me feel like I want to keep going. But if they do another EEG and nothing shows up but have all the reports saying/showing that my husband writes when I have a seizure can they still diagnose me?
That would be cool if you came out here:)

If they do a EEG and nothing shows up, and you go to see a psych dr, who tells you their opinion on things, even if they say its epilepsy, or if they say they think its Non-epileptic seizures caused my stress, there has to be a solution to this. They cant just send you off on your way with no help. My neurologist was convinced that I had non epileptic seizures because they were not showing up on the EEG. Thats when he tried to switch me from Keppra to Lamictal. Now he came out and told me Lamictal is used for seizures, which after doing research I can see it is. BUt another thing they use it for is anxiety. He was wanting me on it becuase he thought my seizure were anxiety related. But after proving him wrong, and going back to Keppra, my seizures have been well controlled. So even though one dr may think they are non epileptic seizures, or another dr may think they are epileptic seizures, there are medications out there to help control either one. Those drs can treat you with medications to help stop the seizures.

Yes, that would be cool to come out to CA. I'll have to see when my dad makes another business trip out there and see if I can tag along! :)

Back
Top Bottom