I'm trying to cope with Epilespy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to meet me. My name is Megan. I started having nocturnal granmal seizures when I was 17 years old, I'm 24 years old now and have had them ever since... I can't seem to keep them 100 percent controlled. I have gotten them down from me having one every month to now having one every 6 months. At first they only would happen in my sleep but when I became pregnant at six months I had a granmal seizure awake whiling driving and now they happen either or. I have recently been experiencing sleep paralysis I think... It's really scary and I can't seem to move. When I finally get enough energy to move and shake myself out of it my eyelids feel so heavy like my body wants to fall back into the trance.. My eyes are moving rapidly back and fourth and I'm just really out of it and scared... My aura is all whacked.. I don't know what it is but I think it might be a partial seizure... or sleep paralysis... I just don't know.. If anyone can possibly give me their opinion on what they think it might be I would appreciate it so much...

Hi Megan, welcome to CWE!

The sleep paralysis could definitely be a simple or complex partial seizure. They can involve odd sensations, and muscle stiffness. Your eyes moving rapidly back and forth could be a seizure symptom, but it's also a side effect of some meds (called "nystagmus"). Have you asked your neurologist about your symptoms. There may be other meds/dosages to try that will help you get better seizure control. In addition there may be things you can do to eliminate stressors that may be contributing to triggering of your seizures. Here's a good place to start: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f22/proactive-prescription-epilepsy-1254/

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom