Inspiring news, stories, articles

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to the board but have been reading many of the ways epilepsy affects your own lives. Iand I have been living with epilepsy for over 16 years now. It has taught me a lot about life and I always love when I hear others stories about how it has affected theirs in a POSITIVE way. Post encouraging stuff that deals with epilepsy here.

Hey John,

Welcome to the group. It is wonderful and everyone is very supportive here. It has been great for me!

Michelle (Atlanta)

Welcome aboard John. What an interesting idea and a great way to get to know people!

My daughter was diagnosed with E. about 3 months ago. She told someone the other day that she thinks having Epilepsy is great because she's learning more about herself then anyone else her age. She said she has a better idea of how her body works, doesn't work, and about who her true friends are. She inspires me everyday.

Good question, John!

I am a schoolteacher. I work with students with special needs. One year, I had a seizure in class, when I was teaching middle school. Unbeknownst to me, there was a student in the room who also had seizures. She wasn't a child that stood out. Very quiet. Easy to miss. Shy. All I remember was a big pair of brown eyes peering over the shoulders of the paramedics, with a look of worry. I smiled...and then cracked a joke with the paramedic. Something along the lines of "We've gotta quit meeting like this. " I remembered that he had responded when I had a seizure the previous school year. We laughed, and waited for my hubby to show up and take me home. The next day, when I was back at work and the kids asked if I was okay, I told them yes, and smiled, and explained what epilepsy is. The little girl with big brown eyes just sat in the back of the room, really quiet, while kids all around the class asked me questions. They asked about my medical bracelet, what to do if I had one, if it hurt. And some of the kids had been scared because I had bitten my tongue and it bled a little. Two days later, I got a call from the mother of the little girl with big brown eyes. She called to say thank you. Her daughter has epilepsy, and had been intentionally not taking her meds, and didn't want to wear a bracelet. Following my question and answer time with the kids, the little girl had gone home and put on her bracelet and told her mom that she'd go ahead and take her medicine. We don't always know who we will touch when we answer questions about seizures. But if we can make life more comfortable for even one more person with E....well then....what more can we hope for?

AWWW! You made me :crying:

That is so sweet! Who knew teachers could teach lessons even when they're unconcious! Amazing.:clap:

Welcome Fightlifejohn!....

:hello:

Check out our main Inspiration thread as well!

Or do a tag search by clicking 'inspirational' in the tag cloud at the top of the screen! Your thread has been added as one it would find!

Peace
Speber
:rock:

:hello: John

Welcome to CWE! Glad to have you here
and it's always awesome to have inspirational
individuals here!

:tup:

:cheers:

Welcome to CWE. This has become my home away from home and I hope you feel that comfortable as well. Pull up a chair, put up your feet, and relax for awhile.

I have had E for almost 27 years. Your inspiration thoughts are a great way to start off.

:cheers:

Hi FLJ, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Aloha John and welcome aboard! Personnaly I like to think every day I wake up...wake up and stand upright ...is an excellent day indeed it is even better if I reamain upright :roflmao:

Hi John
Epilepsy has made me a go-getter type of person. I personally do not have E but my daughter did and my granddaughter does. I have seen more compassion in people since I've gotten involved with our local foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom