Introduction.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia

New
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Alicia. I have 4 children. My 14 year old has intractable epilepsy. I am a college student. My goal is to become an advocate for families with disabled children. My passion is my family, epilepsy, and autism. I would like to say thank you for such a wonderful group. Alicia

Hi Alicia, welcome to our forums! :yippee:

Hi Alicia, I have Tonic Clonic Epilepsy,and have for 19 years.I also have Non Epileptic Seizures,Myoclonic and Complex Partial.I have 4 children,Hazel is 15 she has Complex Partial seizures, O.C.D. and Aspergers,Kim 14,Zack 11 he has ADD & Aspergers,Jake 8 he has ADHD.I'm married to Jon and we live in Cornwall in England.Take care luv Juliexx

Hello. I'm glad to have found this site from the efa site. It's a welcome discovery to find these sites that discuss the many areas of E. It is rare to find anyone who knows from personal experience what you deal with. Most of the time I'm pretty upbeat and look for positive results, but on occasion dealing with E can get me down. It has been a boost to log on to these sites and hear others expressing feelings that I felt were isolated to what was happening with me.

I was told I had an electrical imbalance 17 years ago which later was renamed epilepsy. I know it was always the same and why the doctor called it an imbalance I don't know. There have been life alterring changes that I'm sure everyone that visits this site is aware of.

I tried at first to say this thing would not change my life and for many years denied it was affecting me. It took sometime to conclude that it did effect me but not deter me. I'm thankful for many supportive friends and family and most recently a very supportive girlfriend. Thanks for your sharing of feelings and thoughts and I look forward to visiting often. Steve :wink:

Hello

Welcome aboard Alicia!

You will succeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom