Is All This Normal?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

JLogefeil

New
Reaction score
I had two seizures last night, my hubby said right before he went to work.
I also have been tryin to focus on how I feel today so I can explain it to my doctor.
So before I tell him I just wanted to run things by you and see if these are normal after a seizure.
Again the seizures happened last night and this is how I am feeling today.
Tired
Still a little confused
My balance is a little off
My brain is foggy
Not Foucsed

That mostly how I feel. The reason why I am asking is because I saw on her that if your symtems don't match up the doctors don't listen to you.
I really hope he listens, he is an older man and the doctor that reffread me said he was old fashion. I again read on here that older doctors don't focus on the test results so much, they focus more on the symtomes.
Is thoes two question really how doc think/are? And are the things I m feeling normal after a seizure a day later? (since I had two last night?)
I hope I didn't confuse you all thank you for your time. :D

That sounds like my normal list. Sometimes I'll have other things, such as memory problems, in addition to what you've listed.

Every doctor is different, so it's hard to tell how each one will operate. Ideally, they'll look at both, but some rely on one over the other. :)

That sounds pretty typical. Whenever I have attacks I'm usually "off" for a good day or two. It's hard to focus, and I'd rather just veg in bed than go to work.

Yep, the 'foggy brain' is memory issues and I have almost no concept of time for the first day or so.

If your doctor doesn't listen, keep looking!

Tired
Still a little confused
My balance is a little off
My brain is foggy
Not Foucsed
I usually feel tired & a little confused just after a complex partial & my brain is sometimes foggy as well. Often if it has been a bad complex partial I would have a nap because I felt so tired, had a really bad headache or just felt like crap.

Every doctor is different, so it's hard to tell how each one will operate. Ideally, they'll look at both, but some rely on one over the other. :)
:agree: with Silat.
All doctors are different & they all have their own method of how they like to treat their patients.

Last edited:
I would still tell the doctor even if I had a symptom that didn't match up/wasn't normal for me. It could be an indication of something that needs to be addressed.

That seems like a normal list of after effects though.

My experience is that the neurologist asks me things, I talk about them and they don't really say much. They then decide things based on what I've said (and also taking into consideration my test results). I've had an older neurologist and a younger one, I would say on balance the younger one probably has more interest in my symptoms vs test results. It varies from doctor to doctor I suppose.

Thinking about it though, I've only ever been asked how I feel/my reactions (as described by others) immediately after a seizure rather than later on.

Hope you feel better soon.

I feel all of these the whole next day including the one about time and as far as I can tell, I only suffer from simple seizures. But I have a lot of activity at night. And the next day is awful foggy. If they happen in the day, I'm not so foggy.

Back
Top Bottom